Dell Latitude E5440 Apple USB EHCI problems

Installus

Hello all! First post here.

I have acquired a Dell Latitude E5440, and I have managed to install Mavericks on it. However, the trackpad and keyboard is not being recognized. No big deal, I have an external mouse and keyboard on me. However, USB support is non-existent, only working about 2% of the time when it boots.

I am stuck at the Welcome screen because of the lack of USB, keyboard and trackpad support, and I cannot progress any further. How can I patch both USB and working trackpad+keyboard support?

Specs:

Dell Latitude E5440

Intel Core-i5 4200U

Intel HD Graphics 4400

4 GB RAM

Clover EFI.zip

EDIT: AppleUSBEHCI.kext gives an error saying that it was unable to get filterInterruptEventService

• Moderators

REPLACE the attached contents into /EFI/Clover

Note: If your model does not have Discrete graphics ( IE AMD or Nvidia dGPU), remove SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml from /E/C/A/Patched

Move or copy all kexts in /E/C/K/O/CopyToLE to /Library/Extensions

Repair permission and rebuild cache

https://osxlatitude.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=24473

Great! Everything works except Audio (which I can patch myself) and the battery needs tweaking to make sure it works correctly. Disabling turbo battery killed the meter and displayed an X in the battery. I removed the turbo battery disabler and it sort of worked. Battery meter worked, except I had no time estimate and it wouldn't update unless I logged out

Alright, I have switched out FakeSMC + ACPIBatteryManager for VirtualSMC + SMCBatteryManager. Battery works so much better now!

The only issues left are that the Ethernet kext doesn't load and USB support is still a bit spotty (success rate has definitely improved).

Ethernet is a bit fuzzy, closest I got was I2XX (I believe 8 series). It's Intel, but that's all I know

I tried to install it to /S/L/E, but I broke the permissions and I ended up booting into safe mode to remove them both.

I'll try using Hackintool and see if I can get USB working.