Dell E7240/E7440 no wifi/bluetooth in Catalina

totobike

Wifi/Bluetooth is working on Mojave and High Sierre, and only wifi is working on Catalina. 

I use  BCM94352HMB wifi/bt card

To make it works I have AirportBrcmFixup.kext in EFI Kexts and I add BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in S/L/E

For catalina, I can't copy in S/L/E because it's in read only, so I did it from mojave, I copied the three kexts into Catalina S/L/E but it is still not working. I have wifi but no bluetooth on Catalina. Do you have an idea for this ?

Thank you again for all your help, you saved me !! 

• Moderators

Don't install to /S/L/E but install to /L/E instead.

For Catalina, you need a different set of BRCM* kext patched for Catalina but should work on Mojave and HS too.

https://github.com/headkaze/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/releases

Download Catalina All version

Install these 3 kexts to /L/E

• BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

don't need BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext

What boot sound?

Yes I tried with just the 3 kexts in L/E and it works everywhere : HS, Mojave and Catalina. 

I've got a last question : I've got another dell laptop, E7440 (same config i7) and on the E7440 I have this wifi/bt card Atheros AR5B195 

Do you know if there are some kexts that work with the three systems too ? 

Okay, I used kexts in L/E and yes it was working for mojave too. But sometimes the bluetooth was not working, it was working again after reboot.

Thank you again for all your help. It's really great you found me full of solutions. Thanks for all that work, you're awesome !!! 😃

Hi ! I just tried now and it's working but the two arrows increase the brightness.

I can't decrease, I can only increase with fn+up or fn+down.

But fn+f3 and fn+insert are still working good.

Maybe that is because I used an old voodoo keyboard kext ? The one that you gave me in EFI wasn't working... I will try it again and I tell you if it changes something.

I have a new problem on the three systems, there is a problem with the bluetooth, I can't connect my bt mouse to the laptop, the bluetooth is switch on but I can't find the mouse or I can't connect to it when it appears. Have you got an idea for this problem ?

I tried to add my old kexts in S/L/E and it is not working since I have the new EFI. So I put your 3 kexts again in L/E.

The only way to connect my bt mouse is to switch off and switch on the bt with the physical power button on the laptop. After, and sometimes, it connects correctly to the mouse.

I changed the batteries, I tried to remove and put it again, I tried to switch off/on the mouse.