E6330: No Touchpad working (V3 Rushmore trackpad)

longboy9977vn

Hello,

Im using E6330 with vanilla install MACOS 10.13.6, currently I using VoodooPS2Controller-R6Bronxteck.kext, my trackpad working with 2 finger 3 finger, trackstick working as well, but there is a problem is my trackpad can't detect touch event when I login to MacOS, when I first turn my laptop on, it still detect touch event, that so annoying me, I'm trying some kext from dr hurts but it still not work.

Any way my trackpad in setting not detect as a trackpad.

Please give me some advice, thank you guys a lot.

• Administrators

Check that you've not installed any other PS2 kext anywhere that would interfere with DrHurt's VoodooPS2Controller R6 (which is the correct kext to use on all E6x30). The kext worked perfectly on my E6220/E6230/E6440 under High Sierra and continues to do so on my E6230 under Mojave and Catalina. And I have the TouchPad PrefPane present too.

E6220 under High Sierra 10.13.6:

E6220_TouchPad.jpg

E6230 under Mojave 10.14.6 and Catalina GM (no longer runs HiSie):

E6230_TrackPad_Mojave.jpg

E6230_TrackPad_Catalina.jpg

Various gestures work properly, can't say they all do, especially as I have 2 left hands and big heavy fingers, but many do (show desktop, LaunchPad, Swipe between pages, ...).

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Well there you are: you're duplicating kexts and installing kexts in /S/L/E AND /L/E;  best recipe for troubles!

Never install add-on kexts to /S/L/E unless absolutely necessary (on very rare occasions), only in /L/E. It's often repeated.

• Administrators

Which High Sierra build are you running? And what about kexts you could be injecting from Clover? I assume you're doing that, aren't you? If so, no need to cache the kext from /L/E.

This being said, I was just offered to install High Sierra Security Update 2019-005 on the E6220, which I did (build 17G8037)... and TrackPad PrefPane subsequently disappeared (familiar message "no TrackPad detected" reported in PrefPane)! :-(

I've identified that the problem was due to USBPorts kext. After reinstating USBInjectAll and re-generating SSDT-UIAC table + USBPorts kext, the TrackPad PrefPane is back with SSDT-UIAC + USBInjectAll or USBPorts only.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

As explained above:

1. Remove all instances of USBPorts
  2. Reinstate USBInjectAll (and rebuild your cache if you're caching it but I suspect you're injecting it instead)
  3. Reboot
  4. Run Hackintool app and, in the USB tab, regenerate SSDT-UIAC table + USBPorts kext
  5. Retain SSDT-UIAC table with USBInjectAll kext or use (i.e. inject or cache) only USBPorts kext

TrackPad PrefPane should then be back.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

No, it's either:

• SSDT-UIAC table + USBInjectAll kext

or

• USBPorts kext on its own (without SSDT-UIAC table)

NB: I don't know which guide you followed to install High Sierra on your E6330 but I doubt it's one we published here because you're missing quite a few kexts... I would have expected you to have most of those you'll see listed with green tags in the screenshots of my 1st reply. And your ACPI/patched folder contains irrelevant tables too.

I would suggest you consult these guides:

Post a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder, I'll try and fix it for you.