Dell lattitude 7490: method to install Catalina

Tubardus

Hello,

I have now Mojave on a Latitude 7490. I would like to know how to install Catalina. Must I follow the tuto made by @Hervé or is there a way to update from my actual installation?

For example, do I have to install special kext and launch the update software from Apple?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

If run currently run Mojave or a Catalina beta version, you may simply run the downloaded Catalina installation app and update via that direct route. Clover has fully supported this for years. It's not mandatory to proceed with a fresh/new installation.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/340581-macos-catalina-1015-is-out/?do=findComment&comment=2692666

OK. What I understand is that I must first update Clover to the r5093 and then just update normally from system preferences. Is that right?

2/Kaby Lake R/UHD620 Latitude 7490 laptop:

initial OS: Mojave 10.14.6

initial Clover: r4919

Catalina offered through the macOS Software Update panel.

Updated Clover to r5093 before updating macOS.

All Ok on upgrade completion.

• Administrators

I felt it safer to update Clover 1st because I was running on a much older version than r5093. But you may use or stay with your existing version, depending on what it is. For instance, I ran Catalina beta with r5035 and r5058 so those older versions than ran Ok for beta releases should be Ok too.

I tried to update Clover. It is now on version r5070 (I don't know why it isn't r5093). Nevertheless while booting on Mojave, it won't show the apple and the computer restarts over automatically

When I updated to r5070, I checked that the drivers in UEFI where the same, but I'm stuck now. What can I do?

Thanks