Dell lattitude 7490: method to install Catalina

Tubardus

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did a complete installation of Catalina from the beginning instead of an update of Mojave. It works well (besides BT but it's a common unsolved problem).

I did the upgrade proposed for Catalina today and I lost the touchpad. This happens when the installation is new and is fixed by booting several times. This time, it didn't worked.

I installed Voodoo in L/E/ and repaired permissions and touchpad is back now. I wonder if I must do the same with all the kext in clover? Or only some of them? And also must I delete form clover the kext once installed in L/E/? Is there some documentation I can read?

Thanks!

• Administrators

We have a dedicated thread re: difference between injecting kexts and caching kexts in the FAQ section; I invite you to refer to it. I always recommend caching kexts (once they've been validated with Clover injection) since this is the normal/expected mode of operation of OS X/macOS. Kext injection is like an unnatural forced load.

• Administrators

but injection is a mandatory evil for installations as the install dmg does not have a cache.

if using C/K/O path make sure you have clover injection set to true not detect and that you have FSINJECT.efi driver from the clover driver installer selection menu

Hello, 

yesterday I installed fakeSMC il L/E. After repeating permissions and cache, I rebooted the computer but unfortunately I it won’t boot anymore.

do you think I must do a whole new installation or is there an option in clover which I can use?

thanks