Dell Latitude 7490 Mojave 10.14.6 dw1820 boot problem

Gemini44

Hello all,

I have Latitude 7490 with i5-8350, 32 gb Kingston 2666mhz ram (i upgraded 8gb ddr4 2400mhz), 128 gb hynix M.2 ssd drive, dw1820a, 1.11.0 BIOS.

Before i used dw1560 wifi-bt (i broke) and i have to replaced it to dw1820a.

I used @Hervé's Clover pack #8 (thanks a lot) i succeed installation but when i enabled wireless in bios, laptop is not booting.

PS: I enabled BT in bios and it seems working.

I posted my debug report file and boot picture.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_5743.JPG

debug_12457.zip

• Administrators

It certainly looks Ok from a device property injection point of view. 2 x things left to do:

1. get rid of that SATA-100-series-unsupported kext you inject. Why did you install this? It certainly ain't in my pack though no impact to be expected on wireless...
  2. check the MAC @ printed on your DW1820A label and compare to the MAC @ shown in Mojave (i.e. 30:52:cb:84:0f:f1). If different, you probably don' have a real #0VW3T3 model...

Thanks for reply.

1. It was weird but when i'm installing mojave without SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext at the end of the installation i recieved installation failure. Now i removed it.

2. Looks like same MAC adress. I added photo.

I'm booting device and sometimes KP, sometimes doesn't see wifi, sometimes boot normally, everytime different problem, and now says "WI-FI: No Hardware Installed" and i'm shutting down but it is not and i manually shut down device.

I disabled wifi, now it is not enabling and freezing laptop.

Thank you very much for your efforts @Hervé.

IMG_5752.JPG

Fresh installed mojave but i did not find any solution. I tried direct add-on kexts /L/E folder cached and repaired permissions but no luck. Is it relevant with "PciRoot (0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x02)/Pci(0x0,0x0) for PCI0@0->RP03@1C,2->PXSX@0." adress. Does it vary by device?

I guess i'll buy dw1560 or 1830.

Thank you very much.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gemini44 said:

Is it relevant with "PciRoot (0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x02)/Pci(0x0,0x0) for PCI0@0->RP03@1C,2->PXSX@0." adress. Does it vary by device?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...

Obviously, the above relates to the M.2 WLAN slot and its location in I/O (and/or ACPI defined device attachment if you prefer). This is why, I've even added the "WLAN" slot name in the properties injection... So, no it does not vary by device, i.e. wireless card; of course not. This identifies/specifies the WLAN slot as found in IOReg and where the DW1820A card (or any other to that effect) physically goes.

According to the last debug info you posted, your WLAN slot is at the exact same I/O location as that of my 7490. Not a surprised, all this is defined in DSDT...

The only thing I've noticed is that your IOReg shows device PCI0@0->RP03@1C,2->_SB*@0 instead of default's PXSX@0 (you'll see this in your patched DSDT). This leads me to believe you've applied some device renaming of some sort or some ACPI patch that I don't fully understand and have not identified yet. I can't say if this could be the root cause of your issue but there's definitely something I would strongly recommend you try and identify here...

IOReg.jpg

• Thanks 1