[Solved] Dell Latitude 7490: clean Catalina installation

kissman

Hello my friends, I just installed fresh copy of Catalina on my 7490 with @Hervé guide, but I am not able to use dsdt.aml in Clover. Every time I need to use bios.aml (actually I set up bios.aml as default in Clover Configurator). I tried to generate logs but received only "gen_debug: command not found" error after I run sh script.

/edit: tried to get some info from debug during boot...

IMG_2491.jpeg

• Administrators

You may not have a 7490 that matches the same specs as mine. It's perfectly Ok not to use my DSDT which is only used to inject the code required to enable the brightness keys. Remove the DSDT of my pack and try to patch your own extracted one afterwards if you so wish.

10 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Remove the DSDT of my pack and try to patch your own extracted one afterwards if you so wish.

Easy to say, hard to do for me... can you please point me to the forum thread, where I can learn this? My brightness controls are also on different keys... Fn+F6 & Fn+B.

Btw. I have another laptop here, new Dell Latitude 7400 (successor of 7490), just for test - not my laptop, how can I debug installation? I tried to start clean Mojave / Catalina only with basic Clover installation both with same result - KP without any usefull info. Only specs at the end of KP. 

• Administrators

All details are provided in my Latitude 7490 guide, please read it.

And please stay on-topic in this 7490 thread. If you wish to discuss a different laptop model, please open a new thread; a little discipline is required and expected here...

• Moderators

No, but you just need 5 kexts, 7 if you want it to read Airport Extreme instead of 3rd Party device

No other patching requires

For Wifi

Goes in Clover kext folder

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • Lilu.kext

For Bluetooth -Catalina

Goes into /L/E

• BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

To rename as Airport Extreme

• FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext