Real New E6500 installation story not Vmware or Vbox

saphire

I've got a lot of experience of lion installation, now I will try to install 3 system in one HDD 250GB.

I planed Lion, Win7, and PCBSD9.

I have a USB pen for boot, it is 16GB, so that I can save lots of dmg or kext for device, all I place was /ExtraBackup.

At 1st, I hope to make a real mac to register at the begin, how ever, Intel wifi5300 is not supported, same with my NIC intel82567(attention it is not 82566) so what I tested with AppleIntelE1000e success must be inject to System/Library/Extension, of course, I made a ethernet cable to connect Intel8256 with my wireless route because it is DHCP.

What I got a USB pen is from my virtualbox4.1.8 in WinXP, because it is free and also work under BSD/LINUX/MAC...My installESD.dmg is 10.7.2

Now boot from USB pen entry lion, split HDD as GUID 120GB for lion, 99GB FAT, and 40GB FAT.

install....

Reboot, still keep USB pen and boot from it, entry terminal, cp USBpen Special 82567 to /Volumn/lion/S/L/E, nothing success, so cp /Volumn/lion, then mv to S/L/E, check really exist.

Reboot from USB pen and transfer to HDD continue. I always use i386 not X64 mode, and -v to see more information to avoid anything dead.

Let us record tomorrow

Sorry, delay long time, because fail so many time of over 2 OS.

If just two os (lion and Microsoft, very simple, after win7 installed, nothing do, but use USB Pen to boot, and re-write with myHack for chameleon again, you can see two os for booting)

If add PCBSD9/FreeBSD9, always made troubles like boot cannot, so google long time, now find a way, install some linux version because ubuntu12.04 LTS amd64 Beta1 arrived, so install and grub to /dev/sda4! also install new Chameleon-2.1svn-r1887 in lion, boot from hdd but fail to lion, so USB pen boot again, rm /Volumn/lion/Extra, and cp /Extra from ExtraBackup, reboot without USB pen.

Chameleon works, and can find Linux, then entry it, install gptsync_0.14-2_amd64.deb with Intel Wifi5300 connect internet, sudo gptsync /dev/sda, the command is fix the Win7 bootloader so that you can chameleon to boot founded Win7.

now I can boot lion x64 ,win7 (x64) and ubuntu 12.04 (amd64), I still keep about 40GB free, so install FreeBSD9 again, and label 40GB MBR ubuntu, setup 64kb freebsd-boot, 38GB freebsd-ufs, and 128M freebsd-swap, .....

that is end, I will try to search grub2 how to find the entry of FreeBSD9 gpt boot

gtp_info.png

I have posted on forums.freebsd.org. now copy to here for anyone if want to boot 4 OS, key is the Grub2 how to boot FreeBSD9!

Success! if u want2 boot 4OS (lion10.7.3/win7/ubuntu12.04/freebsd9)

I made 4 OS in one 250GB SATA HDD in Dell Latitue E6500.

Chameleon 2.1 boot disk0 with hackintosh lion 10.7.3 , Win7 (32 or 64 are all ok) and ubuntu 12.04, how ever, booting FreeBSD9 impossible.

So try to learn grub2 in ubuntu12, chainload+1 .... are all failure.

let me display more here to anyone know what I split the only 1 HDD

hd0, gpt1 is EFI

hd0, gpt2 is Mac

hd0, gpt3 is Win7 ESP

hd0, gpt4 is Win7

hd0, gpt5 is ext4 for / of ubuntu

hd0, gpt6 is linux swap

hd0, gpt7 is freebsd9-boot

hd0, gpt8 is freebsd9 /

hd0, gpt9 is freebsd9-swap

Here is the right 40_custom for your action before sudo update-grub. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66180721/40_custom

"# kfreebsd_loadenv /boot/device.hits" otherwise it will display error if you remove "#"

and "set kFreeBSD.vfs.root.mountfrom.option=rw" if you choose ro then after booting, I cannot internet because I use intel wifi5300 DHCP, ifconfig is no address.

Brgds/Saphire @ 2012Mar16th

I do not know why dropbox cannot be marked here.

So I post my 40_custom here

#!/bin/sh

exec tail -n +3 $0

menuentry "FreeBSD 9 i386 gpt7 is freebsd-boot rw" {

insmod part_gpt

insmod ufs2

set root=(hd0,gpt7)

kfreebsd /boot/kernel/kernel

set kFreeBSD.vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/ada0p7

set kFreeBSD.vfs.root.mountfrom.option=rw

}

Sorry but it is the fact: ubuntu12.04 official version for amd64 cannot intall on /dev/sda4, and what I installed Beta version cannot upgrade official version.

2nd myHack3 I tested, it made the blue point mouse and the three above button no response if using ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext without VoodooPS2*.

Last, current OSX still has some virus, recommend sophos for home version to protect myself. current it is free.

Try again, but destory the Win7 ESR partation, a big trouble, try to google some way but all failure.

Anyway, reinstall debian 6.04 x64 occupied the sda4, and delete gpt9 from freebsd-swap to linux swap, because I have use md as swap in freebsd9.

It really works normal, except win7 boot which display \Boot\BCD error 0xc000000e

After so many times linux destory the ESR of Win7, I gave up, order one optibay, and change HDD, now 500GB as intern HDD for lion 10.7.4, linux, bsd system together because they can support GPT very well, 250 GB as module bay HDD ( old lion 10.7.3 and Win7, because it can be easily removed during linux installation, and it really can be boot from press F12 to choose module bay HDD).