[SUCCESS] Dell Precision M4800 - macOS Catalina

tluck

• Administrators

I'm a little surprised by the choice of the MBP10,1 SMBIOS; it's an Ivy Bridge platform with dual Intel HD4000/nVidia GT650M graphics (Kepler GK107).

M4800 being a Haswell platform with Intel HD4600 and nVidia K1100M (Kepler GK107) or nVidia K2100M (Kepler GK106) or AMD FirePro (GCN1.0 Venus), I would have expected:

1. SMBIOS MacBookPro11,3 (Iris 5200 (Haswell) + GT750M (Kepler GK107) graphics) for the M4800 with nVidia graphics
  2. SMBIOS MacBookPro11,5 (Iris 5200 (Haswell) + AMD Radeon R9 M370X (GCN1.0 Tropo) graphics) for the M4800 with AMD graphics

Anyone tried those instead of MBP10,1?

That means if I change SMBIOS imac 14.2 to MBP 11.3 those issues of my above concern is resolve. Please confirm. Actually why I am asking is in my m4800 except 14.2 if I change to any other smbios screen gone black after booting,then I want to connect external HDMI cable to TV then only it works.

• Administrators

I confirm nothing.

You reported that some hardware elements are not working properly/not at all and, of course, some may just be unsupported (eg: webcam). I don't have any M4800, I can't say for sure. But issues with discrete GPUs or USB ports (internal and/or external) can sometimes be sorted with a more appropriate SMBIOS and the right settings. As such, I invite you to experiment with various settings. In an intelligent way of course, like dedicated/specific Clover config files called from Clover main menu.