Latitude 5590 and Catalina

Fullvacation

So I've been trying to update my system to Catalina, but I am having mostly 2 main issues.

I had my laptop working just fine with Mojave (docking station was not working properly, but that was not an issue for me).

I updated Clover and the kexts and tried an update to Catalina.

First, The touch-pad doesn't work in Catalina. Noticed this from the first reboot to the installer. 

The installation gets to the very end, then fails. Still the system booted. Looked fine (with the exception previously mentioned), but, Second Issue: it randomly reboots.

So I tried a clean install. Again, I get to the very end, then fails, but the system boots fine. The random reboots still occur. Touchpad still doesn't work.

I went through this thread, which is for 5591, which is supposed to be almost the same thing with the exception of a newer processor:

I got the files from the repo mentioned here and repeated the process. I get exactly the same results.

Not sure what's going on. Any ideas on either issue?

• Moderators

Do you have the DW1820a wifi device on your system?

I see it in your Config file. Make sure to remove it if you don't.

You can safely remove drivers64 and drives64UEFI folders, latest Clover uses a new structure (drivers)

I have no clue of how to do repair permissions/ rebuild cache in Catalina, however. I did move the 2 kexts to /L/E and rebooted and it works! (buttons still don't work, but this is the same way it was in Mojave.)

I Also noticed that the docking station thing does not work and that the HDMI has a pink tint (I understand this has to do with the output mode?)

• Administrators

Repair permissions/rebuild cache: same as with previous versions; please check our FAQ section; it's there for a purpose...

HDMI tint: you have to inject HDMI properties to the framebuffer to override DP settings. It was mentioned just a few days ago in a 7490 thread. Fix also detailed in my Latitude 7490 guide.