[SOLVED] E7450 stuck at "The recovery server could not be contacted."

mre417

I've tried to search why the ethernet port doesnt pick up an ip address. I've replaced old kext with new and tried the sync time but still no go. I know the ethernet port works since i installed Win10 first and that had no problem. Am I missing something or has it really been a LONG day. -_-  

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

The Latitude E7450, like its E7250 smaller brother, is equipped with Intel i218LM Ethernet card. That's supported with the IntelMausiEthernet kext that you'll find in the Clover packs available in the models' respective guides.

Make sure you've setup your BIOS parameters according to the recommended settings. These are available at top of the E7xxx support section.

Thank you @Hervé. I checked and double checked against the BIOS parameters post - with PXE, without PXE and all other sorts of combinations. I've remade about 3-4 different USB boot sticks on a Mac and on a PC. I have tried the newest to the oldest IntelMausiEthernet kext builds and even tried the last AppleIntelE1000e kext. I re-loaded win10 just to verify that the ethernet port works and it is the Intel I218-LM model. There must be something i am missing. Kexts are in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. ACPI from bootpack is in EFI/CLOVER.  Am I missing anything else? Thank you in advance. 

@Hervé thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I played around with the BIOS settings and was able to get everything running when, by frustration, i decided to turn off the wifi options and just tried to boot and it worked for some reason. I am now just using a TPLink dongle for Wifi and everything seems to be working. Thanks again.