Cannot complete boot from Catalina installer medium on 7490

marv

• Administrators

If you're trying to boot Catalina with the same/existing Clover config file that you use for Mojave, then, yes, it's highly likely it's missing the Embedded Controller device renaming. You can safely add it to that existing config, Mojave will still operate correctly with the renamed device.

On 10/21/2019 at 5:51 PM, Hervé said:

Try without the patched DSDT; either remove it from ACPI/patched folder or select BIOS.aml table from Clover main menu->Options->ACPI configs when Clover boots.

Thank you, it works for me. But I have no wifi. I have 8265 and 8260 wifi cards. Is it possible to use one of both? If not then which cards usable with macos?

• Administrators

DW1830 would not fit and there's no 3rd antenna wire in the 7490 that reaches the WLAN slot. DW1820A is up to you once you've read our many threads/topics related to that model and the associated risks. Obvious recommendation is to go for the safety of the DW1560.

Wireless cards are available at the usual well-known (on-line) places selling this sort of equipment; we do not usually provide more information than that; it really is people's own responsibility to source their own hardware accessories, not the forum's, this in order to avoid any potential upset and/or dispute should purchases subsequently turn problematic. I'm sure you'll understand.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:22 PM, Jake Lo said:

@Hervé

You should be able to eliminate the DSDT.aml and add the following to enable the Fn+11 and Fn+12 for Brightness:

SSDT-XOSI.aml & SSDT-BRT6.aml (attached ) and the following 3 rename patches:

OSID -> XSID

_OSI ->XOSI

BRT6,2 -> BRTX,2

(in those order)

image.png

FnKeyforBrightness.zip 1.48 kB · 6 downloads

Where, how can I add these files?