[SOLVED] E5550 Upgrading to 10.15.1 crash during install

snarkjazzo

Hi guys,

I have an issue where I try to upgrade from 10.15 to 10.15.1 on my E5550 using the normal software updater (I also tried manual download from Apple's website). However, when the installation starts, the bar goes for a little bit and then I'm assuming kernel panics and the computer restarts. The "Installing update, time remaining" text never appears, and then boots back into 10.15. I updated all of my kexts as well as Clover, but that did not help the issue. I attached my clover folder for reference. What is a potential course of action for fixing this issue?

CLOVER.zip

Thanks,

Snarkjazzo

• Administrators

Can't see anything wrong in the stuff you attached.

When you initiate the update from 10.15, the app will run and begin to install files; quickly you'll be back at the black screen with Apple logo and the (slow progressing) progress white horizontal bar.

Then, the laptop will reboot and you should then boot the "install macOS Catalina from ..." in verbose mode. You'll then see if the laptop KPs or not. It's important to note that you must reboot that "install macOS ... from ..." partition until only the Catalina partition is offered.