I got error on reinstall Niresh Catalina in my Dell E7440

mukhtar

Please help, I firstly install  Niresh Catalina on my ssd hd of my dell e74040, and everything is fine. it's work except wifi not found. I reinstall  Niresh Catalina again in same of my ssd hd, I got the fowllwing errors.

An error occurred while running scripts from the packages OSInstall.postscript.pkg

Could you please help why I couldn't install it again.

My Dell: i7, 8gb 500 ssd

• Administrators

Sorry but we can't support Niresh, we've no idea what's been included in that distro. As a general rule, it's best to stay off these things. If you want to keep using it, I suggest you seek support at their forum.

I did succeed in installation of Niresh Catalina and everything is fine except wifi. But when I re-install it again, it showed me the following error:

An error occurred while running scripts from the packages OSInstall.postscript.pkg

My question is why this error happened?

My Dell is Latituted E74040, Core i7-4200 2.2GHz, 8GB, 500 GB SSD

--

• Moderators
  • Administrators

Are you still using that Niresh distro? If you do we can't help you.

If you now use a vanilla macOS installation package and follow the guidance available in those links Jake Lo provided you with, no reason why it would fail beyond typical things like defective USB key or incorrect BIOS settings. If in doubt re: BIOS settings, Jake Lo's guides usually advise to reset BIOS settings to factory default and set set disk mode to AHCI among a few other things. Looking at his E7240/E7440 guide, it certainly is the case.

I will now close and archive this Niresh-related thread.