Dell Latitude 3480: help required to finalise Mojave

gengstapo

I'm trying to install macOS on laptop dell 3480 but I stuck at something like cannot contact recovery server

Im connected to the LAN but it look like the ethernet cannot find a dhcp address

Im using the same kext as earlier discussion RealtekRTL8111.kext

Thanks

[Solve]

Dell 3480 Spec

Intel Core i5-7200U

Intel HD 620

Broadcom DW1820A

With this clover, u could install Mojave & Catalina, working perfectly so far

CLOVER.zip

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

if you had follow Herve's advice to look in the FAQ, you'll discover that Intel wifi are not and probably will never be supported as Apple never use Intel's in their system

You'll need to replace it with a supported card also linked in the FAQ section. My recommendation for your system is a DW1560. In recent MacOS Catalina, the list of supported device has shrunk. Atheros has been dropped and so are some older Broadcom chipset.

As for audio, your codec should be ALC256, use AppleALC.kext with layout-id = 13

• Moderators

Wow, what a mess.Where do I even start?

iMac14,2 is for a Desktop, not laptop.

You have 5 different ethernet kexts, not sure which one is the one that fixed your LAN issue. 

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is a bad idea, it's as the name declare, no power management.

You have 3 Audio kexts and your layout-id is incorrect.

The DSDT you attached are not in the patched folder so it's not being use and I'm not sure it's even patched correctly.