Maxium RAM and recommened SSD hard drive for D630?

never1991

Hi,

I've already installed Lion succesfully in my D630, but I have only 4GB RAM (2x2GB). What it the maximum RAM supported for the D630? 8GB (2x 4GB)? I have A17 BIOS version.

Also, I want to upgrade the hard drive and I'm thinking in a SSD hard drive. Did any particular model that works perfect in our D630? I do not need much capacity, but performance.

Thank you very much!

ve got 8g to be honest I believe anything past 4g is a waste ,simply because front bus speed ,and limited hyperthreading , I also havent notice any significant improvement worth the expense

If anything I recommend getting more quality ram , and as fae as a SSD goes , huge difference, in speed , I use a kingston 128g , Ive already ruined 2 harddrives with the laptop falling of the bed ,. with the kingston you could play hockey with it ,and boots every time , you wont regret the investment.

under processes in system monitor its showing up as intel(64 bit) under kind ,.average idel with vlc running mkv movie ,google chrome on youtube and garage band open

free; 6.22gb

wired 626.6 mb

active 693.2 mb

inactive 504.2mb

used 1.78 gb