E6420 (nVidia): Yosemite beach ball of death at login

becker666

I'm about to redo it from the scratch, this one worked good for years, but perhaps somebody can give me a hint so I don't have to go the hard way. My install is Chameleon it looks like it is fubar now. ;-)

• It started getting the dark screen after finishing booting very common, lots of talk about this nothing really worked 4 me lately I found out if I closed everything before a shutdown it would work & was using that KISS for ages until now.
  • Found the NVDIA web that would work with my system, made so many tries and eventually booted to low res, installed the NVDIA but it would stay in low res, so I tried to rebuild  the ssdt and running some rebuild cache with the ketxtwizard and it is where I'm now it boots in low res but at the login I get the beachball of death and nowhere to go from there. Been reinstalling kexts to no avail same result, boot with NoRebuild Cache same.

A couple of weird messages from the -v

1856501955_ScreenShot2019-11-10at11_19_59AM.thumb.png.5d864594a0a7cd727be68cc9a26e4d98.png

1637920237_ScreenShot2019-11-10at11_16_37AM.thumb.png.7535cdec2ca8d1c5f304ef36845ba6bb.png

1877996082_ScreenShot2019-11-10at11_14_55AM.thumb.png.1a793c8376821fde4f270c5ff51bfbe1.png

Thanks in advance (I have other drives with other versions I'd like to keep this Yosemite). Of course my USB for this is gone so that is why I'm at the point of redoing it from the scratch unless there is a hint/trick.

Thanks in advance

I just fixed it!! .. if it helps anyone with those similar symptoms as mine

- Looked the boot messages almost line by line and found out a few kexts had "incorrect permission" so I manually set those since the tool was not doing it right for some reason

- Rebooted and similar messages but at the login when I was expecting for the Beach Ball it actually made it thru, so I ran the "kext Utility" and decided to reboot, but here back to the dark screen after finish booting even with nv_disable=1 but those wacky messages about the kernelcache were gone.

- Edited the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra with ChameleonWizard and just changed the resolution to the highest, rebooted and I'm typing from the Yosemite, the NVIDIA is set back to"OSXDefault Graphic Driver"