Latitude D820 (intel graphics) sound problem

think-different-guy

hello all i am fairly new to hackintoshing. I got a secuessful install of os x lion however, my audio /sound wasn't working i installed the EDP's like the instructions from this site said to do... perhaps i didn't do something right during install...one other note is that os x system profiler doesn't see any sound cards or anything of that nature.. i did install sound flower or whatever its called thinking it would install sound... but failed.....also on install had to attach a logitec usb mouse and on first boot with registration had to plug in logitec wireless keyboard...but after i plugged it in the built-in keyboard worked again

LATITUDE SPECS AS FOLLOWED:

intel core 2 duo @ 1.66ghz -1.80 ghz (depending on the power mgmt)

2 GB of RAM (one is 800mhz the other is 667 mhz) <--- does not affect OS

intel GMA 950 with 64MB of stand alone ram worked out of box

ethernet --- worked Out of box

wifi --- worked out of box

bluetooth --- worked out of box

keyboard --- worked out of box

touchpad mouse ---- did not work out of box, had to install 3rd party next to get it to work using latest edp

dvd ---- works os x sees it as a super combo drive

audio --- NOT WORKING...Installed the EDP for this model laptop which included the appleHDADisable.kext <perhaps because it said disable> (worked in windows 7)

everything else working out of box as advertised...

PLEASE I AM SEEKING HELP OR ASSISTANCE TO THIS PROBLEM.... anything is appreciated!!!!

Thanks for your time

Think-Different-Guy

!!!!UPDATE!!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!

I reinstalled lion and downloaded EDP 2.2 and installed it, this time i installed the latest chameleon and presto! sound and tracpad mouse working 100% even tho the trackpad mouse is a little sluggish... no complaints fully operable lion system everything works and registered as " Macbook " it didn't do that before

• Administrators

Hi...

Its great that you got your system running. By the way, usb keyboard is required after first install. After that, the built in keyboard should work again. Further, the AppleHDADisabler.kext in E/E is used to disable the AppleHDA.kext in the S/L/E so that VoodooHDA.kext can be loaded. Otherwise, it will cause a kernel panic.

Cheers!