BCM943602CDP Wireless Unable to use, how to solve

LonGDikE

• Administrators

14e4:43ba is expected to work OOB since it's natively supported by AirPortBrcmNIC PlugIn of IO80211Family kext. It would appear the kext did load so seems safe to rule out anything on that side. Check that there's nothing in your Clover config or patched DSDT or kext set that could come to clash with the vanilla driver or alter it. I would also suggest you check if the WLAN slot is not disabled in BIOS.

Dear Hervé, Thank you a lot, I will check and try again

My Laptop is HP ProBook 430 G3, use a M.2 E Key slot for WLAN, and can use DW1560/DW1830 well with Brcm kext.

I converted the BCM43602CDP to M.2 using a adapter. I think WLAN can not be disabled in BIOS, right?

• Administrators

I don't possess that laptop so you tell me whether WLAN can be disabled or not in BIOS. I know it can in Dell laptops where disabling Wireless or Mobile Data means disabling the WLAN or WWAN slots for instance.

If you still use add-on kext for Broadcom cards, remove them and make sure you disable any patch you may have enabled in Clover too.

1.There is a option to disable WLAN in BIOS in my laptop, but after it is disabled, the system will not recognize the hardware

2.I've removed all the BRCM* related kext, and also removed the BRCM related in the boot parameter of config.list, but it still doesn't work, is there any debug suggestions? thx a lot

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 12.35.56 PM.png

• Administrators

Ok, well now I can see that your card shows its default Locale and Country Code which is why you would have used AirPortBrcmFixup to change those 2 x parameters. What strikes me though is that I still do not see any wireless channels listed at all. Did you check the antenna connections? How many antennas did you connect? All 4?

Also, what are the wireless PCI ids and Bluetooth PCI ids shown in IOReg? I beginning to wonder if you would not just have one of those fake BCM94360CD that are known to be sold from a certain eastern location...