E5430 Weird Graphics Glitch after Boot

Installus

Hello again, it's been a while.

For my final project in robotics class (only in Canada can you find a robotics class in a high school, bay-bee), I've decided to mackintosh the Dell Latitude E5430, a laptop that was a teensy bit problematic at the beginning. Recently, I've managed to get past the initial boot process, however a graphics glitch keeps popping up that prevents any and all progress.

See, after the system gets passed the Apple boot screen, it either glitches out the screen with a weird ghosting effect or there will be bars on the screen already. Either way, the entire system hangs up and I cannot progress. The only way out is a hard shut down.

This is real unfortunate. I've tried Lilu + WhateverGreen, IntelGraphicsFixup, as well as the recommended ig-platform-id and I just can't seem to shake it off. I found a bootpack on this forum and I tried copying it's kexts/config.plist and THAT didn't work either. I'm trying to install High Sierra to prevent any issues with Mojave/Catalina requiring QE/CI and I'll have it upgrade to Mojave when it is finished.

Specs of the E5430:

• Intel Core-i5 3340M
    • Intel HD Graphics 4000
      • Display Resolution:1366x768
  • 4 GB RAM
  • ~300 GB HDD
  • Intel Wireless/Bluetooth
  • ALPS Trackpad

Any possible fixes for this? Attached is my EFI folder and a screenshot of the issue at hand.

Thank you guys in advance, you guys are awesome.

IMG_0148.jpeg

CLOVER.zip

Good news, the display no longer hallucinates when the system boots. Ghosting effect is gone.

Bad news, the Apple logo + loading bar flashes on screen for a split second before disappearing into darkness.

Definitely a step up, however no installer yet.

UPDATE: Just as I posted this, there is an actual display, but the backlight wasn't turned on. Oops. Will try installing and report back here.

UPDATE 2: Install was a success. Going in and out of sleep mode fixes the backlight. Graphics work great. I can refine the install from there, however this backlight issue bugs me. Any possible fixes?

The patch works like a charm! While macOS still believes that the internal display is a projector the backlight turns on immediately, which is good for me. Now, I just need to patch Ethernet support, make sure that SMBIOS is configured for Apple's services, and this part of my project will be complete!

SMBIOS is easy, I can do it myself however the ethernet isn't actually Intel or Realtek. It's Broadcom, and everything I find on it is outdated. The main issue is fixed however if I may request your help again to fix the Broadcom ethernet. Thank you for your help as always!

EDIT: The ethernet is being listed as a Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe

Edited by Installus
List Ethernet spec

Ah, I see.

The kext of yours works, however it doesn't communicate with DHCP. I will test this further. Otherwise, it works.

A screenshot is provided as per request.

EDIT: Ethernet does NOT work. It is detected however no signal comes through. I will use a dongle for temporary WiFi access however the goal is to get Ethernet workingScreen Shot 2019-12-10 at 2.04.57 AM.png

Edited by Installus
Update Ethernet Status