[SOLVED] E7470 Catalina Battery, Bluetooth, Brightness and HDMI issues

andradejose

I recently installed Catalina using the guide from this website. Almost everything works but I noticed some issues. I wasn't sure if I should create three separate threads or keep everything in one. I decided for the latter.

Here are the issues:

- Disconnecting the laptop from the power source makes it freeze. It needs a hard reboot.

- Despite Bluetooth being available and discovering my bluetooth devices, it is not able to connect to them. As a side note, the WiFi is working perfectly.

- Despite installing Karabiner-Elements, whenever I press the F11 or F12 keys, the laptop would freeze. It needs a hard reboot.

- Connecting laptop to an external display via HDMI works well, when unplugging it the laptop would freeze. It needs a hard reboot.

I attached the debug file.

Thanks for your help.

Debug+IORegistry.zip

Jake:

My BIOS setting had "Legacy Option ROMs" enabled, I disabled it.

I replaced the files from from you bootpack into /EFI/Clover.

UPDATE:

- Disconnecting the laptop from the power source makes it freeze. It needs a hard reboot. PROBLEM FIXED

- Despite Bluetooth being available and discovering my bluetooth devices, it is not able to connect to them. As a side note, the WiFi is working perfectly. PROBLEM FIXED

- Despite installing Karabiner-Elements, whenever I press the F11 or F12 keys, the laptop would freeze. It needs a hard reboot. PROBLEM FIXED

- Connecting laptop to an external display via HDMI works well, when unplugging it the laptop would freeze. It needs a hard reboot.

ONGOING PROBLEM.

Ahalol: 

VirtualSMC has been the latest release. Battery indicator had been at 100%.

• Moderators

NVRam issue.

Download Clover from here

Delete following folders from your /EFI/Clover

• drivers
  • drivers64
  • drivers64UEFI

Install Clover with the following setting

• Install for UEFI booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP
  • UEFI Drivers\Recommended Drivers
    • ApfsDriverLoader
    • AptioMemoryFix
    • AudioDxe
    • DataHubDxe
    • FSInject
    • HFSPlus
    • SMCHelper (leave off if you have VirtualSMC.kext in bootpack)
  • Additional drivers
    • PartitionDxe
  • Themes (Optional)

Reboot and test

Jake:

Your advise worked!

- Connecting laptop to an external display via HDMI works well, when unplugging it the laptop would freeze. It needs a hard reboot. PROBLEM FIXED.

I believe my laptop is working 100%, all due to your expert advise.

Thank you for taking the time and looking into my laptop issues.

You are the best! Happy Holidays.