E7450 | Catalina 10.15.1 | bluetooth issue

acquarius.13

Dear @pafkata,

please try testing your DW1560 using:

- BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

- BrcmFirmwareData.kext

- BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

all of them with v. 2.5.0 and all of them in E/C/K/O.

Delete those kext related to bluetooth (BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext) in /L/E. Repair permissions and rebuild cache.

Please test your system in common use, after a sleep/wake, after several reboots and then please share your experience.

Thanks,

Marco

I am afraid that I can't do this in the next 2 weeks.  I actually bricked my MacOS by trying to solve this and I decided to go back to my Mojave backup. I was surprised to see that my APFS is corrupted in the Mojave SSD image backup, but the system is usable. I consider going with a clean Catalina install in the first week of 2020. I will certainly update this thread with my results.

I installed fresh Catalina 10.15.2 (19C57) on my E7240 with DW1550 (PCIe connector). It's the same chip as your DW1560 (NGFF/m.2 connector).

Bluetooth works fine for me with the suggested kexts, but it can't get online after sleep.

As far as I understand, the driver/firmware has to be injected every time when the chip is power on.

It seems Clover does it OK, but after waking up - nothing does it again.

I will use my system for few more days and complete the setup, so I can clone the SSD. Then, I will play more with this.

What is your experience till now ?

Here is a list of all my kexts and their versions. They are all in Clover. I have none in /Library/Extensions.

741289305_ScreenShot2020-01-03at19_09_14.png.f012b9e9f91f1598fcbdecf8616fa452.png

My laptop is connected to a monitor most of the time and I don’t let it sleep most days. So, losing BT after sleep isn’t an issue for me, but I spent some time researching and trying different stuff. Here’s shortly what I am sure:

The BT chip must get its firmware injected when powered on. It loses the firmware when powered down during sleep. Clover does it fine with the injector kext. I tried putting the kexts in every ext location and sometimes one kext in Clover and other two in SLE or LE or Apple/Internal/Extensions , but nothing worked. BT only works after boot when injector kext is in Clover. 

I won’t spend more time on this because I use BT under 5 times per month.