Dell 7490 USB-C port

SharpSA

I have a partial solution to this for 7490's with Thunderbolt. It does not fix Thunderbolt itself but it will allow you use the USB-C port as a USB port. I tested it with a USB drive, an Android device, a keyboard and a mouse. It does require the use of an SSDT. You can't seem to hotswap type-C devices itself. However, if you're using a type-C to type-A adapter, you can hotswap the type-A device. I'm not sure if this is of interest to anyone.

I've managed to get hot-swapping to work now too. Attached is the SSDT. It needs to go into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

The SSDT assumes your USB-C port is at RP05 which should be the case for 7490. @amthb0 with the 7390 may be fine too. I see it has one fewer USB-A ports than the 7490 so it might be different. If it is, let me know and I can probably sort you out.

@Hervé is right, you definitely don't need this if you have a non-TB model. The only reason you need this at all on TB models is because the Thunderbolt port has its own USB controller - seperate from the USB controller than handles the other USB ports.

SSDT-USBC.aml.zip