Maximum brightness gets reduced by using -wegnoegpu

Raffay

• Moderators

Don't use the 'Search' function. Instead on the left side, look for PEG0, you can type PEG, it'll take you right to it. 

There you'll notice that there's NO Graphics device showing below it. If you remove the SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml, reboot, you'll find something under PEG0/IOPP/PEGPScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 11.35.08 AM.png

• Administrators

Because, on any given laptop:

• dGPU is located @1 (IO address 0x00010000)
  • iGPU is located @2 (IO address 0x00020000)

in the same respect that HDEF audio device is always located @1b or XHC USB3 controller device is located @14. That's standard across the board.

@Jake Lo I have studied the guide. Added darkwake=8 with HibernationFixup. Sleep is now working correctly. Still I have some issues, using Intel CPU Power Management, Package Power in Windows hovers around 0.4 - 0.5 Watts on idle. However, it is about 1.4-1.5 Watts at idle in macOS Catalina 10.15.2. Also I noticed that even random scrolling with trackpad in macOS pushes by CPU wattage to 2-4 Watts. Can you please recommend a solution. As a result of high power useage my battery life has significantly reduced in macOS as compared to Windows. I loose about 1% of battery in 1-1.5 minutes in macOS, while in takes Windows about 2.5-3.5 minutes.

I have attached the updated Clover folder. Thank You

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

CLOVER.zip

• Administrators

There can be no comparison between CPU utilisation under windows and that under macOS. Both OS operate differently and latter is more power hungry than the former due to reliance on graphics. So yes, battery life is very often reduced under macOS in comparison to Windows.