Broadcom ethernet as en0?

EqUaTe

Hi Guys,

Thanks to some of the info on here and a bit of poking, I've got my Dell D630 running Lion almost flawlessly.

A few issues to solve, but the biggest bugbear I have at the moment is that the NIC is en1, even when no other cards are detected.

Does anyone have this working with BCM5722D.kext as en0? If so, *please* share how?

My system is:

D630, Intel GMAX3100, 1440x900 LCD, 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD (for now), Bluetooth, Broadcom Wifi (hacked to ID as Apple card), 1.8GHz C2D.

Still need to get the sound working, kb/trackpad in 64bit, and ideally multitouch scroll, though I can live without it.

Thanks for a great forum!

Hi Equate,

Is the ethernet card working?

Sometime network devices pop up with different names, you can just rename it to make it look better.

Cheers!

Yes, the card is working, but it has the bsd name of en1 rather than en0. You can't, as far as I can tell, rename this aspect of it in OSX.

You can see this in 'System Information' on Lion (System Preferences on older versions), or by using ifconfig in a terminal.

From what I've read, I may need to do something with my DSDT, which as far as I can tell contains nothing to do with the card at the moment..

You could try using EFI Studio to add the NIC as an EFI string in com.chameleon.boot.plist (< lol I think that's the name) I had to do this a few days ago on a Dell Optiplex 755 SFF to get the Appstore to work.

You could try using EFI Studio to add the NIC as an EFI string in com.chameleon.boot.plist (< lol I think that's the name) I had to do this a few days ago on a Dell Optiplex 755 SFF to get the Appstore to work.

org.chameleon.Boot.plist - tried it last night, no joy, unless you have to turn chameleons "EthernetBuiltIn" option off.. Will test that tonight.

Any chance of you posting the plist you used on the Optiplex? :)

• Administrators

Hi equate,

May i know why you need en0 if en1 works?

Have you tried to disable the nic in bios, delete the entry in system preferences network, reenable in bios and boot os x for it to detect it again.

My d630 ethernet is working with that kext. Its showing en0.

Cheers!

Right, I shall try that once qualifying finishes :P

Among other things, the app store won't work and I'm pretty sure that's because of this.

I also want to keep interfaces in the same order on my hack as on my MBP - so ethernet as en0, wifi as en1. Less confusing when going back and forth between the two :)

Thanks for the tip, will post back after testing.