Lenovo Thinkpad T470s: tweaking Mojave

Dan_Marshall

Hi Jake,

Got quite bit further on the t470s - System is now fully functional, battery status, wifi, trackpad. System works solid.

Got some tips from this thread and a few other members of the community that you helped out - 

Only real issue I'm having would be battery life - battery drains really quickly from a full charge - approx 1 hour. Is there any tricks to get this better? I installed the intel power gadget and could not see any resources hog that would indicate as such. Hoping you could take a look at my debug files and offer any assistance (again) if you could.

Many thanks in advance

Dan

debug_30561.zip

• Like 1

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T470S with an Intel Core I5 7th Gen 2.7MHz, Intel HD620 Graphics, and  16GB.  Here is my Clover folder that is in my EFI folder. It is based on the work of Jake Lo's work at the above post. 

Everything works but the battery indicator and the screen dimming. Still working on that, but they are relatively minor things still to wrap up. This file should give folks a good jump start. I will post an update once I get the last two things running. 

Herve, (and JoT470S)

See if this one is okay.

It is my full Clover folder from my EFI partition. 

I am now running Mojave 10.14.6. I did try to jump to Catalina and the install failed. Mojave does everything I want, so I returned to it. 

It seems to be running about 95% of the things correctly.  It seems that I hit an occasional bug here and there. I am sure open to any improvements.

I also installed HWMonitor and it seems to be working fine to monitor the CPU temps, frequency and battery percentage accurately.

Let me know what you think!

Again, thanks to @JakeLo.

Jeff J

Lenovo T470S, Intel Core i5, 7th gen, also changed to internal wifi card

CLOVER.zip