Dell inspiron 15 3558: no success trying to install Catalina

dirtyb15

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i can get the clover screen to come up with your files if I remove ApfsDriverLoader.efi and HFSPlus.efi from the drivers, and use VBoxHfs.efi removing it from the disabled part of the config.

No matter what i try, if either of those drivers are installed, I don't get to the clover screen.

With these files removed however, it freezes at AppleUSBHostCompositeDevice0.

I feel like i am getting close.  Started over again, used files posted, but removed drivers ApfsDriverLoader.efi, and HFSPlus.efi, and removed VBoxHfs disable from config.  This time i got to the installer.  I was able to erase my internal ssd, and the install started.  It got all the way to about 3 min left, then rebooted.  When i booted from clover again, it did not resume installation, so i tried installing again, and same thing, got to 3 min left then rebooted.  Any ideas??

Guessing i need the APFSDriverLoader, but black screen everytime i use it.

So....  I tried loading the apfsdriverloader.efi (Placed it in a different location so it would not load automatically) from the EFI shell after clover booted up.  That actually worked, as soon as i exited the shell i could see the apfs partitions and i was able to continue on with the installation.  After it was done, it rebooted, again i manually added apfsdriverloader, and booted from the apfs partition.  Now i am getting stuck at

IGPU Scheduler Throttle Cap 100ms. 

Just an update, i used rehabman's config.plist for the HD5500, added a few things from the plist provided by Jake Lo, and i finally finished installation.  Still need to figure out how to load the apfs driver, but for now ill just continue using the shell.  Looks like sound is not working yet, and ill have to get the other wifi card, but lan is working.

Ill post my final clover folder, and how im currently having to boot once i get sound working etc..

Thanks so much for all the help!