Dell latitude 7480: trouble with multiple screens and TouchPad under Catalina

ViciousPasta

Hi All,

I've installed Catalina with latest Clover on 7480.

1st issue is i'm only able to use 1 monitors and not two (if i'm using two connected monitors, it'll just use the laptop as 1 screen and 2-3 as duplicated extended screen). so it shows the same thing but not what's on the laptop screen.

2nd issue is i cant get the trackpad to work. I'm attaching my EFI here. Can anyone assist me to fix that?

Thanks,

@Jake Lo @Hervé

@catmater

EFI.zip

• Administrators

Same behaviour when I hook 2 external screens to my E7490: 3rd one is mirror of the 2nd, no matter what. Never bothered to look into it to be honest.

TouchPad is I2C so look up existing 7480 threads for the correct set of kexts. From experience, the kexts I put in my 7490 boot packs do not work on the 7480; they obviously don't use the same TouchPad models.

• Moderators

Don't know who's bootpack or where you got it from but it's missing all the SSDT-xx in the Patched folder.

Config file is missing the I2C touchpad patches.

YOur SMBIOS is for Skylake, I believe this model is Kabylake but yours might be Skylake.

Kexts are outdated and some are obsolete.

• Moderators

Hmm, this is a different boot pack than your 1st post. Replace with this Config, added I2C patches.

You have 2 Ethernet kexts: IntelMausiEthernet.kext & RealtekRTL8111.kext

You need to determine if it has Intel or Realtek, then get rid of the other.

NoTouchID.kext is not needed since MBP13,1 does not have a Touch Bar.

FakePCIID.kext is not needed, no other FakePCIID dependent kext around

config.plist.zip

Yes, i think i might've mixed it up. Anyhow the one i've uploaded in my recent comment is the right one.

I got rid of NoTouchID, FakePCIID, and RealtekRTL8111 (IntelMausi is the right kext).

Trackpad is now working!!!

I still cannot turn off bluetooth (even though it doesn't actually work),

it does not deep sleep, and my headphones just sounds like whoosh whoosh (I've added to LE the Codec... kext, think i need to add something in the clover config).

And the caps lock light won't stay on for some reason if i click on it. (As i understand that's a bug in Voodoo kext)

If you can help me fix these bugs i'd be very grateful.

Thanks a bunch man!!! :)

• Moderators

You didn't mention what wifi/BT device you have so can't tell you what the fix is.

Make sure to repair permission and rebuild cache after placing CodecCommander in /L/E.

As for the caps Lock, replace your VoodooPS2Controller with Rehabman's...should be version 1.9.2