[Solved] Dell Latitude E5470 Catalina Touchpad right / secondary click doesn't work

totobike

Hello to everyone, 

I recently bought a Dell Latitude E5470 with i5, 8gb ram, backlit keyboard and 4 click button touchpad (left and right click duplicated). 

I installed Catalina, and everything works correctly but the touchpad right click doesn't work.

I used the kexts from the bootpack and the touchpad works correctly (two fingers gestures etc) I just can't do a right click / secondary click on it. 

If someone knows if it's a problem from the voodoo kext or from something else ? Is it possible to solve it or not for the moment ?

Thank you to everyone who takes time to help me and thank you to all the forum to exist :)

PS : I can add my EFI folder if needed

• Moderators

VoodooPS2Controller from Rehabman is for Synaptics Touchpad 

VoodooPS2Controller from Dr. Hurt is for Alps which is what you have on the E5470, but currently there's no known support for Alps v7 or v8.

Replace it with ApplePS2Controller from my E7x70 guide. With this kext, you won't see it under Preference but it'll work just fine exception the annoyance of the cap lock.

Tab CapLock once to enable, 3 times to disable.

YOu should have functions with this kexts:

• 2 fingers scrolling
  • 2 fingers right click
  • tab to drag (double single tab and then drag, release to let go)
  • regular movement

Hello

@Jake Lo thank you a lot for your quick answer and help.

Do you know if some dell e5470 has synaptics touchpad ?

Maybe without the backlit keyboard and the trackpoint it works fully with the right click button and the two fingers scroll ? 

I want just left click button, right click button and two fingers scroll I don't use the other gesture... 

Thank you for your answer

• Moderators

No, Synaptics are mostly available on Inspiron and Precision, never seen it on Latitude's. On newer systems, they have I2C which also has limited support.

Replace it with the kext I mentioned above and you'll have all those features you mentioned. You can even set the Fn keys for Brightness and Audio Control.

See here for example

Hello Jake Lo ! 

Thank you again for your quick and good answer.

I tried and it's working good, I will try to configure the fn keys with your guide. 

Without you I couldn't have my E7440 working correctly and now my E5470 so thank you again for your big help ! Your work here is amazing 🙏