Installing Snow Leopard on Dell Latitude 13

Ichigo

Dear experts,

I have a laptop Dell Latitude 13 with the following HW configuration:

- PROCESSOR : INTEL CORE 2 DUO SU7300(1.3G

- DISPLAY : 13.3IN HD WLED

- MEMORY : 2048MB (1X2048) 1067MHZ DDR3

- HARD DRIVE : 320GB SERIAL ATA (7200RPM)

I am trying to install Snow Leopard using iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) and Snow Leopard DVD likewise:

- On Bios I put hdd on AHCI mode and CD/DVD as first boot device (which is attached through USP since the laptop does not have slot for optical unit)

- Boot from iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD successfully (I have my screen with red apple on the top and iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) logo in the middle);

- Remove iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) cd and insert Snow Leopard DVD press F5 and I have the screen with MAC OS X install DVD and press enter;

- Then I have the grey screen with the apple logo in the middle but I cannot progress further then this (next stage should be disk tools I guess)

Any idea if the process is wrong so far, or any idea how should I proceed to make this work?

Any help will more then welcomed.

Cheers,

• Administrators

The Dell Latitude 13 has been integrated in EDP for a while now. Just follow the installation procedure with myHack USB installer + retail SL image/DVD + OSXL booptack then post-install EDP. The booptack will hopefully work for your machone, but you'll see soon enough... Your Intel wireless card will need to be replaced though; it's not supported.

With a Core Solo, you are limited to SL (Lion needs C2D), but the procedure is identical whatever the CPU.