Precision 3510: no HDMI/VGA under macOS Catalina

aloha_cn

Hi there,

I managed to get my 3510 to work for Catalina. My work was based on blazinsmokey's and KNNSpeed's guide.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/336203-xps-9560-mojave-guide/

Most features work. My DW1560 WIFI works fine.

But HDMI/VGA video doesn't work. I've tried everything in the framebuffer patching guide but still no good:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334899-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen/

I tried forcedly enabling HDMI output. Then the HDMI worked. But the internal LVDS was black.

USB-C/Thunderbolt doesn't work.

Precision3510.Catalina.CLOVER.zip

Hi Aloha

I have, and your configurations works better then my original one! It has even fixed my power issue, the only issue i have at the minute, well more of a general wondering, is whether I can get the gestures workign on the trackpad, strangely enough even my HDMi works with your configuration. 

Hi, I'm also using aloha_cn clover folder on my 3510 with Catalina, I have a few issues left, my HDMI and VGA are not working, no screen are detected through macOS setting.

Brightness adjustment is kinda strange (like it doesn't work after a boot/reboot -> only black screen or full brightness but it does work after resuming from sleep), I think it's due to me messing up too much with installing brightness kext (I didn't messed with DSDT or SSDT files).

Also the screen is an eDP (which is fully numeric) one, for everyone of us, not LVDS (which is fully analog) and every video output is connected to the iGPU.

My 3510 is the one without USB-C thunderbolt and I'm running 1.19.3 bios.

My trackpad is working fine, two finger vertical scrolling is working but iirc we can "move" in the lauchpad using horizontal scrolling ? if so it's not working, also gestures with more than two finger is not working, apart from that I would like to increase my sensitivity (it doesn't work through macOS settings) but I can't find how to do it.