Myhack install cannot advance past apple logo/spinner

Wayne

Am currently trying to install Lion on a D630,one of the guys kindly helped me out with format of pen, can I ask how long it should take to get to the disc utility screen as I have been waiting for 30 mins with a blank screen?, when I booted I got the Myhack ( press any key screen ) left it to do its thing got up to the apple logo with the spinner starting, after 10 seconds a blank screen and nothing else what sp ever, have tried keeping my finger on mouse etc , how long does it are please.

Hi wayne,

Try to boot the usb instaler with 'mach_kernel -v -f'.

Cheers!

Have tried to boot via the Afore mentioned method still no luck unfortunately around 6 pages of information then a grey screen for a second or two then nothing?

im not using a DSDT have read the wki and wouldnt have a clue about how to go about installing one of those unfortunately, backdated my bios to A17 from A18 to see whether that made a difference but hasnt what so ever, I thought this was going to be a little hard but not as hard as this seems all settings on computer where as have been suggested hard disc altered from ATA and everything , I dont understand what I could be doing wrong.

even tried the other way of doing it via iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) but no joy there also

thanks Wayne