Confused, what am I doing wrong?

totalnoob

I'm trying to install Lion (App store version) on my D630, not having any luck so far. Some of the steps in the guide don't make sense to me as I'm still a bit new at this.

I already have Kalyway (Leopard 10.5.2) installed on a Hp mini 110 which i have been using to create the installer USB.

i have tried to get myhack 2.2 in the Applications on Kalyway to create the installer USB but when i boot from the USB i get a flashing cursor and nothing else.

Can someone please explain the steps to someone who really hasn't got much clue about what they're doing?

----

added: just want to elaborate a bit on what i'm doing:

the dell d630 currently has windows vista installed

i have a 8gb disk on which i have created a single partition using Disk Utility and set it to boot from GUID. I then run myhack 2.2 which i got from the myhack.sojugarden.com website. I choose the Create 10.7 install disk option. I choose the target volume /Volumes/Untitled 1. I browse to the location of the Lion dmg file. It looks as if leopard is not fully supported or not supported at all, because i get loads of 'unable to determine UUID for host' errors when running it. It copies something in a matter of seconds and then asks me if i want to install the Extra folder. I select the EDP-2.2.zip, and after some disk activity, the installer exits.

I think you need to run myhack on a Mac osx install 10.6 or higher. The my hack process takes a good number of minutes when it's run and needs to be ran as a su.

Also might be worth seeking out my hack 2.1 - I just created a lion boot USB key with 2.2 for someone and he is having issues trying to install lion with it. Going to get it back to test and perhaps build again with 2.1

sipart is right, you need 10.6.x or higher to run the myHack installer.

I only had access to a 10.5.6 box so to get round this I installed OS 10.7.0 on a VMWare Virtual Machine running on my Windows 7 box.

Sure it would work similarly on Vista.

After that the install instructions should work fine.

thanks for the advice guys. i went with what Dave C said eventually, used Vmware and the lion usb seems to working fine so far.

i was wondering if its not too complicated to keep Vista around through dual-boot? if its too much trouble to set up, i might just delete it altogether and just use OS X.