Pen for D630 T7500 1440X900 Intel

elim

I made the usb pen on my iMac for my D630 following the wiki with

myHack2.2, bootpack-D630-intel, and my iMac installation DVD of version 10.6.4

8Gb pen was formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) in Guid,

The creation of the installation pen was quite smoothly although it is big (7+ GB). but when I boot with it on my D630, it get into blank screen (blank with bg light) for about 8min and shows the SL standard boot screen with the gray apple(somewhat stretched horizontally ). The promising wheel under the apple turned about 6 cycles to reach the system panic.

Anything wrong with me? Or something else to try?

Thanks

I made the usb pen on my iMac for my D630 following the wiki with

myHack2.2, bootpack-D630-intel, and my iMac installation DVD of version 10.6.4

8Gb pen was formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) in Guid,

The creation of the installation pen was quite smoothly although it is big (7+ GB). but when I boot with it on my D630, it get into blank screen (blank with bg light) for about 8min and shows the SL standard boot screen with the gray apple(somewhat stretched horizontally ). The promising wheel under the apple turned about 6 cycles to reach the system panic.

Anything wrong with me? Or something else to try?

Thanks

I. Am having exactly the same issue as you mention , so your not alone I have used edp 2.2 one of the other members has helped me with formatting the USB pen he's kind and is helping me again to hopefully solve the issues I'm having, if I get any success I'll get back to you but as I say your not alone I. Having that problem it's probably edp 2.2 thanks Wayne

But I'm a total newbie to this so really can't be sure but others seems to be having similar problems , which in a way is reassuring, to hear I'm not alone with such problems.

I. Am having exactly the same issue as you mention , so your not alone I have used edp 2.2 one of the other members has helped me with formatting the USB pen he's kind and is helping me again to hopefully solve the issues I'm having, if I get any success I'll get back to you but as I say your not alone I. Having that problem it's probably edp 2.2 thanks Wayne

But I'm a total newbie to this so really can't be sure but others seems to be having similar problems , which in a way is reassuring, to hear I'm not alone with such problems.

Thanks Wayne. By the way, I tried 10.7.3 img + myHack 2.2 + bootpack-D630-intel. About the same outcome.

I doubt 1440x9000 is difficult than 1280x800... At least the latter is more common and got more chance to be tested.

Thanks Wayne. By the way, I tried 10.7.3 img + myHack 2.2 + bootpack-D630-intel. About the same outcome.

I doubt 1440x9000 is difficult than 1280x800... At least the latter is more common and got more chance to be tested.

Send me a PM and I'll send you a link to my dropbox copy of myhack 2.1 (don't want to publish the link here as don't know if it breaks the forum rules / in respect of the original author) - if we can prove the myhack 2.2 version has an issue with Dells then we can let the author know to try and help get it fixed (in the end myhack is a generic app not specific to Dell's).

Cheers