Latitude 7290 almost functional

FunkFrog

Hey! Me and a friend of mine are hackintoshing some Latitude 7290 laptops. We were able to get the OS installed and booting properly, but we're running into some issues.

• Inserting or removing the power cable (dedicated port OR power via the USB-C port) instantly and permanently freezes the laptop until you force shut it down with the power button (same thing happens with brightness buttons)
  • The trackpad/trackpad buttons do not work in any capacity
  • Mic does not work in any capacity (keyboard mute light is on and pressing the unmute button doesn't change that)

We were able to get the keyboard and USB mice working just fine, network is operable with a USB dongle and Ethernet, and we can repeatedly boot into the OS with no problems.

After searching around for other things done with this laptop we found some ACPI patches that we added that seemed to resolve the display brightness not being able to be changed, but it can only be done through the display settings window

Intel Core i5-6300U / Intel HD520 Graphics / RealTek ALC3246 Audio / Intel Wireless 8265NGW / l2CHID Trackpad

Kexts: AppleALC, GenericUSBXCI, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, SMCBatteryManager, SMCLightSensor, SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO, USBInjectAll, VirtualSMC, Voodool2C, VoodooI2CHID, VoodooPPS2Controller, WhateverGreen

Drivers: ApfsDriverLoader, AptioMemoryFix, DataHubDXE-64, FSInject-64, HFSPlus, SMCHelper-64

We used the vanilla laptop guide for our installations.

Thanks for any help!

EFI.zip

• Administrators

Is the entire Touchpad not functional or just the buttons? No solution to date for those but TouchPad is definitely working with the PS2 kexts available in the pack posted in my 7490 guide. Sometimes not functional until a few reboots.

All in all, sounds like you simply encounter what we all do...

Tried the PS2 kext and it didn’t do anything on its own, however I also tried switching my VirtualSMC to the FakeSMC in that boot pack and now I get 

busy timeout[0], (60s): ‘TPD1’

a handful of times while attempting to boot the device.