Mac OS X Lion Install Guide for Dell Inspiron N5050

ptesone

Wiki Link

===Inspiron N5050 ===

*Install Method: unifail USB install - make sure Install Mac OS X Lion.app is in Applications folder and check Laptop Support to create

After installation reboot and enter these flags : "-v GraphicsEnabler=No -x -f" and install multifail (I used DSDTPatcherGUI to make DSDT.aml for User multifail install, selected VoodooHDA, PS/2, FakeSMC, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) and MacPro 8,1 model)

*Chipset: Intel HM67

*Bootloader: chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 1.5.4

*Processor: Intel Core i3

*Audio: IDT Audio Codec (using voodooHDA 2.7.3 preferencePane works)

*Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000, works native

*Ethernet, Wifi, and Integrated Camera: All tested and work fine (Need an Atheros AR5B95 kext for the wireless)

*USB 3.0: Working fine, same for the USB 2.0 port

*HDMI, External VGA Port, Card Reader: works, no audio for HDMI tho

*Trackpad: Working but only with single touch

*Battery: Working using AppleSmartBatteryManager

*Sleep works with SleepEnabler.kext from Nawcom's blog

=> Note: the hard drive must be formatted as GUID to succeed the installation, Athreos WiFi only connects to G routers w/WPA2 Personal and wake from sleep to connect!

My Dell Specs :

Intel i3-2310M 2,10 Ghz 4GB RAM , Intel HD 3000, HDD 500 GB

Dear admin

I did follow all your instruction to install OSX Lion 10.7 with unifail on my Dell N5050 from a usb device !!

My confg is - core i3 , 450GB HD , 4GB ram ,intel HD 3000 graphics , I did use the wifi kext aswell . But my ethernet is not working aswell as the wifi .. wifi does work but deines to connect to any router !! I used multi beast to sort oll out !! But turned out 0 !! :unsure: :unsure: so plzzz help me with dis ,, looking forward to your help !!

please, tell me setup for Dell inspiron N5010.

Hi admin,

I had a Dell Inspiron N5050 Core I3-2330M 2.20 RAM 6G,Intel HD 3000, HDD 320G, Lan: realtek, WIfi: Dell wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n

and i've installed iFail L2 success but LAN and Wifi does not work.

Please help me to installs it working or send me an install guide for Dell N5050.

Many thanks!!!

Hi, i have a Dell XPS L502x running OS X Lion 10.7.4 and i got the Dell Wireless 1701 802.11 b/g/n from my brother's Inspiron N5050.

I installed Atheros AR5B95 kext using Kext Wizard, repaired permissons, rebuild cache, restart but the kext doesn't seam to load. I also tried the kext for Dell Wireless 1702, but the same, it doesn't get loaded.

Do i have to do anything else besides installing the kext? Editing DSDT.aml or boot.chameleon..?

Edit: The same happened on the N5050, the kext wasn't loading.