[SUCCESS] Dell latitude 3490 i5-8250u Catalina

trognaz

• Administrators

Indeed, the patch consists of adding those lines I've detailed. Can't see what difficulty you have here, I've clearly explained things in plain english.

NB: There's no need to quote every message you reply to, so -please- don't! Simply use the "Reply to this topic..." box at the bottom of your page to post a reply...

Hello, and thanks. Before write this reply i tried to understand where copy your :

Scope (_SB.PCI0)
    {
       [...]
       [...]
       [...]
       Method (_INI, 0, Serialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            [...]
            [...]
            If (CondRefOf (\XOSI))
            {
                [...]
                [...]
                [...]
                If (LOr (XOSI ("Darwin"), XOSI ("Windows 2009")))      // Darwin OS injection
                {
                    Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                }
                [...]
                [...]
                [...]
         }
    }

and your:

Scope (_SB)
    {
        [...]
        [...]
        Method (XSID, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (ACOS, Zero))
            {
                [...]
                [...]
                If (CondRefOf (\XOSI, Local0))
                {
                    [...]
                    [...]
                    [...]
                    If (LOr (XOSI ("Darwin"), XOSI (WIN7)))     // Darwin OS check
                    {
                        Store (0x80, ACOS)
                    }
                    [...]
                    [...]
                    [...]
                }
                Else
                {
                    [...]
                    [...]
                    [...]
                }
            }
            [...]
        }

Cause in my DSDT i have more voice with name Scope (_SB.PCI0), i don't know wich string i have to edit... could you try to explain it to me please? This is my first patch. Thank you

Sorry for quote..

Thank you Jake Lo!! I follow your indication, I've copied SSDT-BRT6.aml in E/C/A/Patched and I've added the rename BRT6 patch in the same order of your screenshot, but unfortunately for me don't work. EFI.zip(My EFI below) No problem i will study how to patch, i need to study, for the moment i can use fn+s for brightness down and fn+b for brightness up.

Any idea for headphone output and microphone input? (The issue is no sound with minijack 3,5 with microphone and very bad overgained sound with only audio minijack 3,5)

I want to ask also an opinion. why this Intel UHD graphics 620 is very poor in performance? the performance is like HD 4400 in Dell Latitude e7440 with Catalina, I've tested with CS-GO (same fps in same resolution HD and max 25 in FHD) in Adobe premiere is impossible to work with FHD video in editing, when i need to try effect the video is very laggy. Why this? What do you think about? The UHD 620 is very poor in performance or depend of my configuration?

Thank you a lot for all

Thank you very mutch Jake Lo!! now my headphone output work! (work with all layout numbers, but with a low background noise) Is not perfect, but usable!! Thank you a lot. All work, i haven't other issues.

What do you think about intel UHD Graphic 620, why this poor performance?

👏👏👏

Hello all, I've updated to Catalina 10.15.4, all work properly, but I've lost the audio headphones output cause now with latest Catalina build we can't install kexts in L/E cause Apple don't approve third part kexts without signature/certification.

I've used the r5107 clover (added HFSPlus.efi)

And new Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC. 

I've removed all kext from L/E and rebuilded the kextcache.

Any ideas for solve this problem?

Before with ALC256 patch and AppleALC in L/E was work, but now no. (all kext only in E/C/K/O)

• Confused 1

• Administrators

@trognaz, you're totally mistaken!

8 hours ago, trognaz said:

[...] now with latest Catalina build we can't install kexts in L/E cause Apple don't approve third part kexts without signature/certification. [...]

If Apple have introduced warnings about legacy/deprecated kexts in 10.15.4, kext signature policy has not changed since El Capitan! Add-on kexts require SIP to be disabled and new policy about legacy kexts does not affect the vast majority (if not all) of the add-on kexts we use on Hackintosh platforms.

I've updated all 4 x Hacks to 10.15.4 and all retain add-on kexts in /L/E as usual:

• Core2Duo Latitude D630
  • Core2Duo Vostro200
  • Ivy Bridge Latitude E6230
  • Kaby Lake R Latitude 7490

Your Hack obviously needed adjustments (disabling SIP, kext updates or cache rebuild, who knows?) but do not make general, erroneous and misleading statements out of it!

• Thanks 1