Optiplex 3050 Micro - Catalina vanilla install 10.15.3 - mostly working need some help

thatsmokeydude

I was able to get a vanilla install of Catalina 10.15.3 mostly working on an Optiplex 3050 Micro. Having a few problems I'm hoping someone can help with.

Barebones copy of my EFI/Clover folder attached. I also believe my SSDT is good - I clobbered together what I could make work from other folks.

I didn't have much luck over at InsanelyMac - it's been 10 years or so since I've built a hackintosh.

My biggest issue is graphics acceleration works but only the displayport connector is working. I can't figure out how to get HDMI working so I can have dual displays. I only have 1 DP and 1 HDMI connector on the PC.

Sound works but the internal speaker doesn't - although it says it's selected - I have to plug in a pair of speakers at the moment.

The display can sleep and wake but if the computer sleeps it doesn't wake back up. I have to fully power cycle it.

My wireless card isn't working although I thought it was supported with the BrcmPatchRAM3.kext I'm using. 

Specs:

Optiplex 3050 Micro

i5-6500T on B250 Chipset

UHD 530 Graphics

Dell Wireless 1830 wifi/bluetooth (NOT rev A)

Samsung 960 NVMe 512GB Boot

32GB DDR4 (2x16)

Thanks for looking.

EFI.zip

• Moderators

@thatsmokeydude

HDMI = In the Config file, enable the "framebuffer-Con0-enable", basically remove the #

Enable "framebuffer-Con0-type" and change 00040000 to 00080000 

Audio = Try changing layout-id to 11

Wifi  = Add Lilu.kext and AirportBrcmFixup.kext for Wifi. 

BrcmPatchRAM3 is for Bluetooth, not wifi

Sleep / Wake = Known issue, no fix; workaround is to add an eGPU. Or disable sleep altogether.

@Jake Lo

Holy cow - everything is working now except the second display. This is so much further than I was getting though, much appreciated.

I did enable both Con0 areas and updated the values in hex. I attached my "new" config.plist as well as some output from ioreg. Am I missing something else? I am stoked to be so close! I've read it can be on a different fb connector but I am still figuring out how to determine what one it is. I have two of the same display - one displayport (working fine) and one HDMI (no go).

I am booting with Clover v2.5k r5103 if that makes any difference.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 7.40.31 PM.png

config.plist.zip ioreg output from terminal.txt.zip