E6430 + E-Port Plus PR02X Advanced Port Replicator: USB ports not working

bobopopo

Hi there,

Thank you again for the guides as always work like breeze.

I just install Catalina on a Dell latitude e6430 (Intel HD 4000 only) . Everything works included the Dell wireless1510 (thanks for the hint).

What I can't get to work are the USB ports on the Dell Dock E-Port Plus PR02X Advanced Port Replicator USB 3.0. USB ports of the laptop are working fine. Also the monitors connected to dock are working plus power button.

If I run High Sierra, the dock's USB ports all work fine.

Thank in advanced for any suggestion

Snip20200307_1.png

• Administrators
  1. USB3.0 requires that you inject Darwin as Vista/Win7 in ACPI,  either through direct DSDT patch or through Clover config for instance. But it sounds like you already do.
  2. Boot Catalina with USBInjectAll only for USB. Then run Hackintool and generate the SSDT-UIAC table + USBPorts kext. You may then boot with either USBInjectAll kext + SSDT-UIAC table or USBPorts kext on its own.

Hi Herve'

Thank you for your response. It did fix the problem.

I did a bit of research to do what you said. 

Not sure if I did it right however it fixed the problem. Now I think it works almost like in Windows when in doc the laptop's USB ports are disable. I'm saying that because now if I plug a device in laptop USB port(not doc port) it pop up an with USB accessory needs power. Works fine if I plug it in doc USB port also works fine when laptop not in a doc.

I used this tool

https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap/blob/master/README.md