[Solved] Dell Precision 5510 error could not allocate runtime area

rakibulmuhajir

• Moderators

1) No network connection is necessary unless your installer if for Recovery and not offline.

2) Make sure your drive is formatted to GUID / Journal Extended. If you installed Windows first, it might be set to MBR and the EFI partition is too small. MacOS requires 200MB/ Windows default size is smaller. 

Better to install MacOS first with drive formatted to GUID, partition the drive for Windows. Windows install on GUID perfectly fine.

how to create offline installer on windows
i dont have access to mac. so i used gibmacos to download catalina and create usb installer with it. inspecting afs partition of the flash drive with transmac it only has less than 2 gb space. which means gibmacos is not flashing full installer even though it made me download full 7 gb dmg file.

• Moderators

I'm not familiar with Gibmacos and how it formats your Installer but it should be using GUID / Journal Extended, not APFS

As for BD Utility, it will only create a Recovery Disk which requires to download the image during installation. From what I have read, it's not working for some where network is not working during install.

i've gone through gibmac github and its clear that in windows it only installs recovery which needs additional download during os installation. if there is no work around, why my wifi is not connected during install.

i have Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter. is it not supported in macos?