dell 6420 no ethernet

renisanz

hello i followed the guide you guys have in here and everything goes fine but when i click on restore mac osx it says can't connect to servers... ived loaded allot of ethernet kexts and none of them are working.. i used opencore to make the usb installer...

• Administrators

Is LAN enabled in BIOS?

If so, the guide posted here provide the required driver for the standard Intel 82579LM card of those Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge E6xx0 generations. You should therefore see your card in the Network PrefPane. You may also see it listed and identify it by MAC address when you type Terminal command:

ifconfig

But I suspect you're trying to do something unsupported on a Hackintosh more than anything else...

ok i used opencore to build my usb installer from windows and i used the files you have on your tut to put in efi.. i have a latitude e6240 core i5-2520m cpu 4gb ram intel hd 3000 broadcom wireless card and not sure what the nic its using.... it boots all the way to part where it says to restore os and other options... i choose restore and then it says connect to server... ive tried intel ,RealtekRTLeal, AppleIntelE1000e, AtherosE2200Ethernet and none of them work

• Administrators

You're using a recovery image; that's not the recommended way to install macOS. Download a proper installation package and follow our installation guides for that model. In anticipation to eventual questions on the download matter, please refer to our Pick-list. We have no OpenCore-based guides so your original post is quite misleading...

As for the Ethernet, I believe you're making erroneous conclusions. You say you don't know what the NIC is, yet I gave you the model specifics. Since you appear to have Windows, you can easily confirm the model yourself.