EDP 1.5 - Release Candidate 6 released

Leon

Wow. Massive massive improvement since leppys install.

Everything is working flawlessly except for the slow touchpad. I'm liking the scroll to much to mess with it right now though.

I did have a couple of kernal panics.

1. edptool - selected yes for powerpack and this resulted in a kernal panic (sleep enabler) after restarting. Tried the pbVersion=21 and still no go. Wouldn't even boot up with an external usb drive so had to do a fresh install.

2. Second time I selected no for powerpack and yes for voodoops2 and got a kernal panic for voodoo. Booted up using usb and changed it to appleps2. No KP. Changed it again to voodoops2 and this time no KP. Sometimes upon wake my mouse goes crazy and I need to shut down and restart.

3. Also have KP opening activity monitor.

In no way am I complaining regarding the above. I just wanted to let others know what works and what doesn't for me so maybe they can avoid some kps.

My final edptool config is no powerpack, voodoops2 and no for pmcia. Working flawlessly. My sleep works by just closing the lid. :)

d430 @ 1.33ghz 2gb ram. renice 32gb ssd ($120 on ebay - must buy). VERY NICE! The only difference between this and my macbook pro 13 is the trackpad and speed. Oh yeah this is $800 cheaper!!! Great job guys.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

next time you have one, grap your /var/log/system.log and /var/log/kernel.log and post them in a new thread in the support forum... might share some light on the case.. also take note of what it says...

• Administrators

Wow. Massive massive improvement since leppys install.

Everything is working flawlessly except for the slow touchpad. I'm liking the scroll to much to mess with it right now though.

I did have a couple of kernal panics.

1. edptool - selected yes for powerpack and this resulted in a kernal panic (sleep enabler) after restarting. Tried the pbVersion=21 and still no go. Wouldn't even boot up with an external usb drive so had to do a fresh install.

2. Second time I selected no for powerpack and yes for voodoops2 and got a kernal panic for voodoo. Booted up using usb and changed it to appleps2. No KP. Changed it again to voodoops2 and this time no KP. Sometimes upon wake my mouse goes crazy and I need to shut down and restart.

3. Also have KP opening activity monitor.

In no way am I complaining regarding the above. I just wanted to let others know what works and what doesn't for me so maybe they can avoid some kps.

My final edptool config is no powerpack, voodoops2 and no for pmcia. Working flawlessly. My sleep works by just closing the lid. :)

d430 @ 1.33ghz 2gb ram. renice 32gb ssd ($120 on ebay - must buy). VERY NICE! The only difference between this and my macbook pro 13 is the trackpad and speed. Oh yeah this is $800 cheaper!!! Great job guys.

I also have D430 - 1,33ghz model with SSD.. runs like a dream..

However, i use powerpack and voodoops2controller.. its strange... i wonder if there is several diffrent D430 models out there.. besides the 1,2 and 1,33 ghz i mean... hmmm...

what bootloader are you using .. and have you upgraded to 10.6.6 ?

However, i use powerpack and voodoops2controller.. its strange... i wonder if there is several diffrent D430 models out there.. besides the 1,2 and 1,33 ghz i mean... hmmm...

I have a d430 1.2 Core 2 Duo with 2gb ram. (no SSD) - and installing the RC5 is running great. Using 10.6.6. I also used powerpack and vooddo ps2 controller (however had to install a few times) and it eventually worked.

I did get my motherboard replaced under warranty and it seems to be different from the previous one. There are no screws for the minipcie wireless card but rather clips. Not sure what else is different. How do we find out which motherboard version we have? Are you running bios a09?

Running the rc5 v2.0 r665 bootloader on 10.6.6.

Good stuff guys.

I just downloaded and installed 1.5rc6 and I have no audio devices. In edptool, I selected 4 (D620/Nvidia), VoodooPS2Controller, and powerpack.

Sleep seems to work, the DVD is recognized, but no audio devices.

However, if I copy the VoodooHDA.kext from Models/d620-intel/Extensions to the Models/d620-nvidia/Extensions directory and (re)run edptool, it works. It seems that the VoodooHDA is in many of the models, but not the D620 Nvidia (mine). Is this an oversight?

BTW, 1.5rc5 audio worked fine.

Thanks!

I just downloaded and installed 1.5rc6 and I have no audio devices. In edptool, I selected 4 (D620/Nvidia), VoodooPS2Controller, and powerpack.

Sleep seems to work, the DVD is recognized, but no audio devices.

However, if I copy the VoodooHDA.kext from Models/d620-intel/Extensions to the Models/d620-nvidia/Extensions directory and (re)run edptool, it works. It seems that the VoodooHDA is in many of the models, but not the D620 Nvidia (mine). Is this an oversight?

BTW, 1.5rc5 audio worked fine.

Thanks!

On mine D620 with EDP 1.5rc6 is the same. Manually installed and it works. )

Whoooi

For the first time everything is working

Except for some small details

I missing the pointing stick.....

And every start the screen is very dark

After I change to brighter screen I can use keyboard to adjust it but not before

Many thanks to Leon for your help

BR // Stefan

D430