EDP 1.5 - Release Candidate 6 released

Leon

Wow. Massive massive improvement since leppys install.

Everything is working flawlessly except for the slow touchpad. I'm liking the scroll to much to mess with it right now though.

I did have a couple of kernal panics.

1. edptool - selected yes for powerpack and this resulted in a kernal panic (sleep enabler) after restarting. Tried the pbVersion=21 and still no go. Wouldn't even boot up with an external usb drive so had to do a fresh install.

2. Second time I selected no for powerpack and yes for voodoops2 and got a kernal panic for voodoo. Booted up using usb and changed it to appleps2. No KP. Changed it again to voodoops2 and this time no KP. Sometimes upon wake my mouse goes crazy and I need to shut down and restart.

3. Also have KP opening activity monitor.

In no way am I complaining regarding the above. I just wanted to let others know what works and what doesn't for me so maybe they can avoid some kps.

My final edptool config is no powerpack, voodoops2 and no for pmcia. Working flawlessly. My sleep works by just closing the lid. :)

d430 @ 1.33ghz 2gb ram. renice 32gb ssd ($120 on ebay - must buy). VERY NICE! The only difference between this and my macbook pro 13 is the trackpad and speed. Oh yeah this is $800 cheaper!!! Great job guys.

Hey PS2 PK. I have the same model, d430 1.33ghz. I kept getting boot errors until I read your fix. Thanks for getting that up there. I have had a heck of a time reinstalling snowleopard like 8 times trying to figure out what was going wrong. It should be stated that this is a fix for certain D430 models, because I can't reboot unless I have the EDP set to PS2PKs specifications. Thanks for helping, I love this forum by the way keep up the good work everyone! Also, any luck getting the trackpad at a better speed? Seems buggy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that happens to me sometimes, but not all the time like you are experiencing... check bios and set to quick boot instead of thorough. well at least d620 has that option.

Happens a lot if you have a system password set. At least that's what I noticed. System pass and power off = really long f'n wait.

What I still experience is a 30-45 second of dead air space. ie, no post time. It's gone to limbo land. Very Weird!

• Administrators

It happends because OSX does a cold/hard reboot and not just a warm boot.. hence, bios is running a full check on the system.. i havent been able to narrow down why excally it is like that..

• Administrators

im pretty shure it could be fixed in dsdt... my reason is how the system responds to restart and shutdowns for example on d620 i need "restart fix" to be able to restart. now in my bios i have the option to not enter bios password on reboot. but because osx is not natively shutting down but rather "patched" it still asks for a password. also on restart i get a long pause before getting to "password screen". Now shut down, that happens to be "native" to osx i do not have to wait to enter password on powerup it goes really fast. thats the only time i should have to input my password. when waking from sleep i do not have to input password (there is an option for this provided in bios setup).. now the funny thing is in windows every thing works the way it should. only on a cold boot do i have to input system password so the problem is os dependent and os gets the info from dsdt and its other tables, i believe chameleon can read those tables if you have them but i dont know if they have to go in /Extra or /Extra/Modules but to be honest it really should be done in dsdt..

now for instance thund3rbolt, the d630 has opposite effect... From what you are explaning wich makes sense. (your "shutdown" is emulated and your restart is native hence you have the delay issue on cold boot. if we could narrow down what it is in dsdt that effects this then maybe a "hybrid" dsdt can be made one that takes native shutdown and add native restart or vice versa. but i do not know enough about patching dsdt to accomplish this.

• Administrators

Quote from kext.com:

A member of Insanely, Duvel300, just posted a way to get rid of the need for any restart kext, ie OpenHaltRestart, EvoReboot, or OSXrestart. He has modified the Chameleon boot file, and also one of the SSDT tables, FADT, to allow restart and shutdown to work kext free.

I tried it out, and so far it seems to be working great.

You replace your boot file, and add the FADT.aml file into the same folder as your dsdt, and restart...

Yes, you are replacing one file (restart kext) with another (FADT.aml) but, I think its cleaner. My boot time does seem a little better... maybe lost 3-4 spins, but it's hard to tell about that.

Of course, this means you cant use Asere's boot file with his mods, but if we try this out and like it, maybe Asere can add this fix to his work?

Someone also added it into PC-EFI already (see the Insanely forum post)

Check it out HERE.

Quote from kext.com:

A member of Insanely, Duvel300, just posted a way to get rid of the need for any restart kext, ie OpenHaltRestart, EvoReboot, or OSXrestart. He has modified the Chameleon boot file, and also one of the SSDT tables, FADT, to allow restart and shutdown to work kext free.

I tried it out, and so far it seems to be working great.

You replace your boot file, and add the FADT.aml file into the same folder as your dsdt, and restart...

Yes, you are replacing one file (restart kext) with another (FADT.aml) but, I think its cleaner. My boot time does seem a little better... maybe lost 3-4 spins, but it's hard to tell about that.

Of course, this means you cant use Asere's boot file with his mods, but if we try this out and like it, maybe Asere can add this fix to his work?

Someone also added it into PC-EFI already (see the Insanely forum post)

Check it out HERE.

Do you still need to use a BIOS system password to wake up from sleep?