HP 8440P help

Schmeiser

hi all , i'm new here and looking for help with my old machine HP 8440P 

I could successfully install El Capitan on it and it works nearly perfect , sadly i can't manage to fix the brightness and battery indicator on it plus sleeping 

is there anyone who still own such an old device and managed to solve those issues .. ? 

with some googling it seems at least the brightness and battery are solvable yet what i found was sadly very old stuff and inactive topics to be useful 

Sorry I must have put that first, 

HP EliteBook  8440P 

i5 520 

8 GB ram 

VGA nVidia NVS 3100M 

my current system dual boot win 10 and El Capitan 

clover in the attachment  

I saw the link you suggested I check its sadly an archived  attachment i couldn't use and tried before to contact the Topic author for the Clover but seems he is inactive or something 

CLOVER.zip

• Administrators

You've no battery management kext, so no battery monitoring. Look up ACPIBatteryManager kext; you 'll find it through a Google search or in 99% of the packs deposited all over this form across the years.

No apparent CPU power management in your Clover config, so probably no Sleep as a consequence. You would need to pick up a suitable SMBIOS to your platform (there was none in your Clover config) and select/activate Generate P States and Generate C States ACPI options too. Use Clover Configurator app to modify your config file.

Brightness control does not usually work for nVidia dGPU of Hackintosh laptops, assuming this is what you run with instead of the 1st gen Intel HD iGPU. You'll have to clarify this.