Dell Latitude 3400: guidance required to install macOS

JmW

I was doing a lot of research on how to install mac os on my latitude 3400 and saw that you were successful. I'm new to this and I don't know where to start. Could someone tell me a step by step how to install from the beginning and what files do I have to download.

Thank you very much in advance!

• Moderators

You can follow my vanilla Catalina guide here including the BIOS settings

Once you have Clover installed with the settings provided, add the attached contents to /EFI/Clover

This should allow you to install and have a completely working system.

Use the same Clover folder from the Installer for the installed drive when finished.

Latitude 3400 Catalina.zip

I updated some of the kexts to see if I can fix this issue.

Steps I followed were: 

1. Made bootable Flash Drive using Catalina installer which I downloaded from the App Store on my VMWare running Mojave. 

2. Installed the latest Clover (v2.5k R5103) on that Flash Drive and checked all drivers that you mentioned in your macOS Catalina installation guide. 

3. Deleted the existing ACPI, Kexts and Config.plist folders in the EFI partition and replaced them with the files you provided above.

4. Booted from this Flash drive without adding any extra flags, that is when I got this error. 

Please let me know if I did something wrong here.
Also, please clarify if I need to MERGE or REPLACE the files you provided in the EFI folder.

I tried replacing as well but I still got the same error. 

I deleted the AHCI, Kext and Config.plist from EFI/Clover and then pasted your files there. Please refer to the image I posted in my previous post for the error message. 

Please help me with issue, I really want the setup to work on my laptop.