E6440: OpenCore -> USB not working

kenan1099

I followed https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/intel-config.plist/haswell but applied the ACPI patches from https://khronokernel.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ (With ECVD renamed to EC)

All to no avail... I still end up with either ACPI errors or the dreaded waiting for root device followed by prohibited sign error.

Also I followed the internet install guide, I'm currently on Linux so sadly I cannot run USBMap

efiupload.zip

Ok, I forgot to delete the dsdt as the checker said and some of the stuff it recommended applied for desktops only.

This time I did more research and I have a lot of conflicting information.

The current issue I'm facing is probably an ACPI issue. I sometimes get AE_NOT_FOUND, which some links suggested it's because ECVD was renamed to EC, which isn't compatible for desktops, but for laptops it's ok?

I decided that maybe disabling EC wasn't a good option so I deleted SSDT-EC and SSDT-ECHx-OFF (which was incompatible anyways)

And now I either get 'Still waiting for root device' OR 'AE_NOT_FOUND', it's pretty random....

• Administrators

what type of drive do you have sata or nvme? if nvme you might need the OC nvme efi driver installed.

also are you booting from HDD or USB.

if using both as when trying to troubleshoot. bootloaders will default to using the config.plist and kexts /efi drivers from the  internal HDD. so if the internal efi has issues it will always have issues even when booting off usb with the correct working files. keep that in mind when troubleshooting.

• Administrators

i do not think OC boots Linux yet.

oh another thing is that bootloaders will only boot properly from default paths. so if lets say you have

EFI/OC/ and try to boot from lets say a backup of efi

EFICopy/OC from a bios menu it also will not pull data properly as it will still pull from EFI/OC wich also causes the issues i posted above.

it is not only OC but also Clover