E6440 macOS Catalina 10.15.3

durian

My E6440 has been running flawlessly using the installation guide here.  Is it worth it to upgrade to 10.15.4 ?  Also I have question regarding the clover package to use.  There seems to be two providers.

https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases 

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases

The install guide uses 'Dids'. But the last version from 'dids' is r5103.  The latest seems to be r5107

Thank you for any pointers.

• Moderators

You'll need to upgrade to v5107 so use the CloverHackyColor version.

It lacks the HFSPlus.efi, but you can continue using the version you have currently.

Don't forget to update Lilu.kext, whatevergreen.kext and AppleALC.kext prior.

• Administrators

On such older systems, you can actually retain Clover r5103 and it'll work good. I found that r5107 is only required for more recent systems such as Kaby Lake and later.

My old Core2Duo Vostro200 desktop runs 10.15.4 Ok with Clover r5093 and my Ivy Bridge E6230 runs 10.15.4 with Clover r5103. I proceeded with straight updates without changing anything, other than reverting to old fashioned AICPUPM on the E6230 since the XCPM Clover patch needs revisting for 10.15.4. I updated Clover to r5107 on my Kaby Lake R 7490 alongside refreshing Lilu to v1.4.2 and WEG to v1.3.7.

So far, I've identified that 2 1 x patches requires updating for Catalina 10.15.4:

• XCPM patch (for Ivy Bridge platforms as an alternative to AICPUPM)
  • AppleRTC patch

Edit: revised AppleRTC patch for Catalina was a red herring. The CMOS reset problem I encountered was related to boot.efi, not AppleRTC, as explained in the dedicated thread about CMOS reset with 10.15.4.

Hi Herve,

Thank you for the pointer.  What are the steps for reverting to AICPUPM ?  Do I need to do that on the E6440.  I want to upgrade to 10.5.4 but am afraid to mess up the current setup.  

Thank you