[Solved] Stuck on installing Catalina on my Latitude E7490

sO_omuch

Hello guys.

I'm trying to install Catalina on my Latitude E7490, following this guide made by Hervé: 

But im stuck after running on -v verbose then boot using selected option

At first it was running fine then the text on the screen becomes unreadable and a circle with slash icon appears in the middle.

Please bear with me as im new in this.

Thank you all!

20200326_161929.jpg

Tried removing DSTD still same. Tried installing Mojave following the same guide, but installation keeps restarting.

" If you cache your kexts from /L/E (or /S/L/E), remember to also update the kexts in the E/C/k/O of your EFI partition as the temporary update partition boots only with kexts injection. Faking a different CPUID should no longer be required but boot parameters -lilubetaall and/or -disablegfxfirmware may be so until the update has fully completed"

Sorry but how do i do this? "boot parameters -lilubetaall and/or -disablegfxfirmware"

What ate these? "/L/E (or /S/L/E), remember to also update the kexts in the E/C/k/O"

Sorry and thank you!

• Administrators

They're Clover boot options that you enter at the command line when you go in Options menu at Clover main screen. Or add them to your Clover config using Clover Configurator app.

/L/E, /S/L/E, E/C/k/O are short for OS X/macOS and Clover folders. Since you don't know about them yet, I'm going to suggest you engage in some serious reading and studying in order to learn about OS X/macOS and Hackintoshing. I don't have the time, nor the desire to do so and certainly not in this thread. So... homework is of the essence, especially in the current worldwide context!