[Success] Latitude E7470 Installation problems

dave.stl

Yes thats right, tried without, but then the same problem...

Tried to copy the kexts again to the efi partition. 

Tried to copy the kext for /Library/Extensions/ again and rebuilt the kextcache but nothing changed.

I will try to do all the post-installation process again, maybe I did something wrong there

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I googled a bit and found the -disablegfxfirmware fixed it for me, now it boots normal without the -igfxvesa tag. Also the graphics now shows the full 1536mb instead of just 7mb. I can change the brightness of the internal display too.

Should the HDMI Port work? When I plug in a Monitor via HDMI the screen of the Laptop gets black but the monitor does not recognise an input. The thunderbolt port works fine to connect a monitor. 

Is it normal that the Laptop takes a bit long to start up ? It takes like 3-5 Minutes... 

Thank you again for your help, I thing i´m starting to understand how this stuff works ;) 

• Moderators

Good job! I never had to use that boot switch.

Yes, HDMI should work with the files I uploaded. What is the resolution of the monitor?

It shouldn't take that long to boot, make sure to remove verbose mode now that you have the system booted normally.

I removed verbose mode and the debug=0x100 tag and now it takes like 1 minute or so, thats fine.

still got the HDMI Problem, every time i plug in the hdmi cable, the internal monitor gets black.. Maybe its because of the external monitor, i will try a different one later.

The monitor normally should have 1920x1080p

• Moderators

Yeah, for some reason this model takes a long time to post before loading Clover which is then pretty quick.

I had posted the workaround since Sierra. Seems it's still necessary to date.

Basically sleep the system and wake it up at least once and the issue is gone until you reboot again.

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/9179-dell-latitude-e7x70-clover-uefi-only/?do=findComment&comment=64816

Hi @Jake Lo and @dave.stl,

I had the exact issue described in the first post.

I followed all replies (replace EFI folder and bootpack from Jake, and boot with the -disablegfxfirmware tag) in this topic and successfully installed Catalina 10.15.4.

Then I did the post-install steps from Jake's guide.

However, when I restart the system and boot to MacOS, I get the below error. I have tried to erase and install Catalina again multiple times and still get the same issue after restart the system.

Dell Latitude E7470 i7-6650U, 16GB ,256GB SSD, QHD Touchscreen

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

Thank you.

20200402_172100.thumb.jpg.35f538b2336004451a3580e8015e7d04.jpg

Hey @Dzung Pham

hmm this Error never occured again after I used the EFI folder and Bootpack from Jake Lo. 

Have you tried  sudo kextcache -I / after the Post installation steps ? I always have to do this after I change the kexts in /Library/Extensions/

My E7470 has a different Hardware maybe its because of this:

2,5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Intel HD Graphics 520 1536 MB

8GB 2133 Mhz DDR4

I got you my complete EFI folder just in case ;) 

Good Luck 

EFI-E7470.zip