[Solved] Wake from sleep issue on 10.15.4

Pierre C.

Hi Guys. Anyone else having issues with sleep on 10.15.4? When it wakes from sleep, the screen is either black (but OS is running - it beeps and boops if I press on the keyboard), or desktop is shown but no wifi, bluetooth (DW1820) and everything expect cursor is frozen (impossible to switch windows, ...). It looks like some kexts are not loaded/loading anymore after sleep?

I upgraded my fully working Lenovo X250 from a fully working 10.15.3 yesterday and having these issues ever since (Clover 5108, all kexts updated before update, OCQirks 20.1, VirtualSMC-1.1.1).

Is there a particular list of things to check when issues concerning sleep arise? Check NVRAM? Kexts?

Thanks!

• Administrators

I had a couple of issues on wake on my old C2D Vostro desktop after the 10.15.4 update but, other than that, all is Ok. To be monitored in the coming days and weeks...

Usual things to check:

• hibernation settings
  • presence of sleepimage
  • Energy Saver PrefPane settings
  • darkwake boot parameter (optional)

• Moderators

I have not switch to OCQuirks.efi and still using AptioMemoryFix. But from what I had read you need OpenRuntime.efi, and OcQuirks.plist to the Clover drivers folder.

Make sure you don't have AptioMemoryFix or other related in the same folder. 

Hi all! I found the solution to my problem. Albeit being very specific to my case, I'm putting the information there in case it's useful to someone else.

So, my 'wake to black screen' issue on Catalina 10.15.4 was related to the modified version of acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM I was using to make my DW1820A work.

These problematic drivers on 10.15.4 were https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/12392-solved-7490-catalina-dw1820a-bluetooth-problem/

Since they are the only drivers that work correctly with DW1820A today, there is no more readily available / fully-working solution for this particular card on 10.15.4. AFAIK, this modified version of the drivers was loading a more recent FW to the DW1820A than the one still used by the official BrcmPatchRAM.

I switched to a new DW1830 card and used the latest official release of acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM. And now everything is working mostly smoothly: sleep/wake, wifi and bt.

So, even if you don't have a DW1820A card, if you have this wake to black screen issue on 10.15.4, it may well be related to your wifi card + driver combo. Make sure to update to the latest version of acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM.